Thursday, August 2, 2018

August 1, 2018 Lunch – Amerasia. Dinner – Sautéed Salmon Cakes with Salad

August 1, 2018 Lunch – Amerasia. Dinner – Sautéed Salmon Cakes with Salad

I ate granola with yogurt, blueberries and milk for breakfast as I relished the new high for AAPL  of 201.  My portfolio gained $19,000 in value on a down market because my Apple stock increased over $27,000.  But that is nothing compared to Warren Buffet whose 75,000,000 share purchase of AAPL shares on April 26 appreciated $852,000,000 today.  The rich keep getting richer.

I met Aaron for lunch at Amerasia.  We ordered four different types of steamed dumplings (beef and water chestnut, chicken and peanut, char sui, and pork stuffed dumplings) and a bowl of stuffed tofu plus we were given a plate of powder sugar coated fried dumpling dough.



                                                   At the end of the meal
After lunch I took a nap.  At 3:30 I drove to El Super for the Wednesday produce specials.  I bought green beans, carrots, mushrooms, crema, an avocado, bananas, Mexican squash, and Roma tomatoes for less than $10.00.  I saw something at El Super I have never seen before, a women shopping with her comfort cocketeels.  Here is a picture.



When I returned home, I chopped leeks and potatoes to make Vichyssoise while I watched the news.  After dinner I  simmered the ingredients in 2 1/2 quarts of water and 1 tsp of salt.  The result was very good.  I puréed the soup with my impulse blander and then added 6 T. of heavy cream, a bit more salt, and eight chives sliced very thinly to finish the soup.

I put the soup in the garage fridge.


Salmon Cakes

Suzette came home at 5:15 and looked for a recipe for salmon cakes.  They are all pretty simple and basic; green onions, garlic, and celery finely minced and sautéed.  When the vegetables were cooked Suzette added bread crumbs combined the two eggs, and vegetables and salmon and worked the mixture into oblong cakes with her hands.

She cut up a head of romaine lettuce and I diced two tomatoes and Suzette diced two Persian cucumbers.  I dressed the salads with the PPI tomato, cucumber, and onion salad and dressing.


  Then Suzette sautéed the cakes in about ¼ inch of heated canola oil.


I fetched beers from the garage fridge and opened them. Suzette added pickle relish to the PPI mayonnaise dressing I made for the Dungeness crab on Sunday to make a tartare sauce.

We drank beers with the simple but delicious dinner salad and watched tv until 9:30 when we went to bed


Suzette and I shared the last bit of fig Clafoutis for dessert after dinner.  I am proud to say it is the best Clafoutis I have ever made, but I am always trying to improve and bought peaches at El Super to
use in a peach and cherry Clafoutis for my next effort this weekend.


Clafoutis with whipped cream

Bon Appetit







No comments:

Post a Comment