Monday, August 20, 2018

August 20, 2018 Lunch – Pho Miso Chicken Dumpling and Pork Soup. Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops, Purple Potato Salad, Steamed Sugar Snap Peas, and Boiled Corn on the Cob

August 20, 2018 Lunch – Pho Miso Chicken Dumpling and Pork Soup. Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops, Purple Potato Salad, Steamed Sugar Snap Peas, and Boiled Corn on the Cob

I woke up at 8:00 and ate a bowl of granola, milk, blueberries and yogurt.

I went to ride but found my bike had a flat tire, so at 10:00 I drove up it to the bike shop and left it.

I then drove to Smith’s with the weekly special flyer and bought four bane in rib steaks for $5.77/lb., two 2 lb. bags of peeled large shrimp for $6.99/lb., a lb. of Asparagus for $1.88/lb., two large avocados for $.99 each, a gallon of milk, and a 1 lb. bag of sweet mini bell peppers for $2.99.

I then drove home and put up the groceries.

It was after 11:30 and I was hungry so I decided to make a soup.  I had the PPI pork, Apple, and onion tapa and the bok Choy, Apple, and raisin tapa.

I heated 2/3 of a 2 quart sauce pan of water and added ½ T. of seaweed, a cube of Pho seasoning, a diced slice of Vidalia onion, two sliced mushrooms, and two sliced and diced leaves of bok Choy.  As it heated, I added 1 T. of Red Miso, eight mini pre-cooked chicken dumplings, and the 16 oz. container of PPI pork, apple, and onion tapa and the bok Choy, Apple, and raisin tapa plus 1 ½ T. of Chinese Cooking wine and ½ T. of sesame oil. I had to fish the 1/3 lb. piece of roasted Pork out of the soup and dice it.

This was a very easy lunch to prepare because much of it was already prepped, cooked, and seasoned due to the use of two PPI dishes and the pre-cooked dumplings that only required 5 minutes to prepare.

In about ten minutes as soon as the onion, seaweed, and mushrooms cooked I was ready to eat.

Suzette arrived at around 4:00 from her shopping trip to Costco for the Center.  At 4:30 I checked in with Willy on dinner and he said he would arrive around 7:00.

So at 6:50 Suzette went to the garage and fetched the 4 fresh ears of corn and shucked them.  She also cleaned the sugar snap peas and put them into the steamer with water. I Fetched the big pot and filled it with water and Suzette put the 4 ears of corn into it and I put it on the stove and turned on the heat to start the corn pot boiling.

I then went to the basement and found a bottle of 2014 Valreas Prestige Appellation Cotes Du Rhone Village Controlee and put it in the fridge to chill a bit.

Suzette salted and peppered the 10 lamb chops and put them on the grill, when Willy arrived riding his new mountain bike.  We admired him practicing wheelies while the lamb, sugar snap peas, and corn cooked.

I fetched the purple potato salad from the fridge to let it comet onward room temperature.

When Suzette brought the grilled chops in, we each served ourselves.  I did not take any potato salad, so my dish was not as colorful as the others, but here is a photo of it.




The lamb chops were perfectly grilled because Suzette cooked them on three sides including the bone side down on the grill that cooked the internal portion near the bone.



I poured glasses of red wine and we also drank cold water with our dinner.

Willy left after dinner and we watched a video of a Peter, Paul, and Mary concert from the 60’s on PBS and a bit of Lawrence O’Donnell and went to bed at 9:00.

Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment