Friday, August 10, 2018

August 10, 2018. Lunch – Azuma Dinner – PPI Bobby Flay Chicken and Purple Potato Casserole and Steamed Sugar Snap Peas

August 10, 2018. Lunch – Azuma  Dinner – PPI Bobby Flay Chicken and Purple Potato Casserole and Steamed Sugar Snap Peas

Today was one of those rare days, when a minimum of effort resulted in a exceedingly day’s food.

It started with breakfast with a toasted thin slice off an everything bagel smeared with cream cheese and garnished with thin slices of Vidalia onion and Lax. I cut the Lax a bit thicker and cut two and ½ slices instead of two slices, so there was an abundance of thick creamy, oily lax.  Just what I needed to power my first ride on my bike in the last five weeks.  The morning was cool after raining much of the night, so it was a very enjoyable fish powered bike ride.

I worked until noon and finished my big water project, a 53 page pleading, so I was ready to celebrate.  I called Robert and invited him to meet me at Azuma for sushi at 1:00.

He was gracious enough to let me order my usual which is Lunch Chirashi Donburi with 2 pieces each of octopus, salmon, Aji tuna, ultra white and 4 pieces of yellowtail (hamachi),with egg omelet wedges, a steamed asparagus, a pile of seaweed salad, and shredded daikon on a bed of sushi rice for $14.95.  We ordered green tea, which is $2.50.


The fish was very fresh and cut in thick rectangles, so there was lots of fish.  Robert ate all of his, but I took ½ of mine home.

After lunch I drove to Gruet to pick up my wine order.  I ordered a case t9 obtain the 25% discount on top of the 20% discount during August to celebrate Rose’ month.  I ordered two Sauvage Rose’s and 5 each of Brut Rose’ champagne and the Still Rose’, which is 100% Pinot noir.  Instead of $208.00, my cost was $118.00.  I am an exceedingly happy camper.  I may buy another case before the end of the month.
I took a nap at 3:00 for about 45 minutes.  At 4:00 I watched a bit of Mad Money and then the news program.  Suzette came home a bit after 5:00.  I asked her if it was okay to make dinner, so we would not start snacking and she agreed.  I suggested heating pieces of PPI Bobby Flay Chicken and PPI Purple Potato Casserole and steaming a vegetable.

We decided to steam some fresh sugar snap peas Suzette had bought yesterday at Costco.  I had chilled a bottle of Spanish La Granja Viura/Verdejo blend and a Gruet Rose’.  Suzette picked the Gruet, so I opened and poured glasses of it.   I put two pieces of chicken an a square of potato casserole on each of two plates.  We filled the steamer with a pile of peas and 8 added the requisite
amount of water and steamed the peas on the second hottest stove burners quickly steam them.  Suzette covered the plates with Saran Wrap and sensor reheated them in the microwave.  In just a few minutes dinner was ready.  Here is a picture.



The wine went well with the dinner.  The 2017 Gruet Rose’ is a blend of two different Pinot noirs, one of which is grown on the Santa Ana Reservation just north of the Placitas/Farmington interchange.  The other grapes are grown at Elephant Butte Lake, I think.

After dinner we sipped a bit more wine and watched Rachel Maddox and later the Great British Baking Contest, after which, at 10:00, we went to bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment