Thursday, August 2, 2018

August 2, 2018 Lunch – Steak Salad. Dinner – Tandoori Lamb, steamed asparagus and Tzatziki

August 2, 2018 Lunch – Steak Salad. Dinner – Tandoori Lamb, steamed asparagus and Tzatziki

Again I ate yogurt, granola, milk, and blueberries and a few slices of banana for breakfast.

Then at noon I made a salad of romaine lettuce, tomato, kalamata olives, a sliced green onion, cucumber, and steak with Cesar dressing.

At 3:30 I made tzatziki, without the dill and mint, then went to meditate at 4:00. When I returned at 5:00 I went to the garden and picked a small handful of each of fresh dill and mint and de-stemmed the leaves and chopped them and added them to the tzatziki.  The tzatziki was very thick because I had used 2% milk fat Fage yogurt, so I added some milk to loosen the sauce up a bit.

Suzette was home when I arrived and around 6:15 she steamed the last ten stalks of asparagus and heated the PPI tandoori lamb in the microwave.  I opened a bottle of Italian rose and we had a simple but delicious dinner.



After dinner Suzette made us each a small bowl of poached figs with figs we gathered yesterday and she poached last night with the last of the Londer Gewertztraiminer garnished with whipped cream for a delicious dessert.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment