Monday, August 6, 2018

August 6, 2018 Lunch – Padillas’. Dinner – Spaghetti Squash with Sauce

August 6, 2018 Lunch – Padillas’. Dinner – Spaghetti Squash with Sauce

I woke up at 7:00 and ate a quick breakfast of granola, milk, yogurt, and blueberries, showered, and we drove to the doctor’s office.

After the visit we drove to Talin so Suzette could buy groceries for her new menu like Harissa, orzo, Bulgar, Thai noodles, and shallots.

We then drove to Sprouts were she bought avocados, pasilla chilis, and fontina cheese.

Then home, a cup of tea and piece of toasted banana nut bread and work.

At 12:30 I drove to Padilla’s to eat a Chile Relleno plate, which is one of my favorite New Mexican dishes at one of my favorite restaurants with a double helping of pinto beans.   I enjoyed the dish and ate most of it and the two sopapillas served with the meal.  Padilla’s has the best sopapillas in town by my reckoning.





I returned home and worked until 4:00.  Suzette came home around 5:30 and we made dinner around 6:30.  There was not much prep required.  I had made the Spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage, ground beef, ½ lb. of mushrooms, 6 Roma tomatoes diced, seven or eight cloves of garlic, ½ cup of oregano leaves chopped, and a 32 oz. jar of Classic Tomato and Basil sauce on Saturday.  Yesterday during our baking spree, Suzette baked the spaghetti squash from her garden at the center.  So today all we had to do was heat the sauce and piles of squash threads and ladle sauce over the squash and micro grated Pecorino zRomano cheese over the sauce to made a delicious spaghetti like dinner.  Yesterday I chilled I bottle of 2013 Conte Priola Chianti Reserva, which I poured this evening.






We watched the two Antique Roadshow programs and then an impressive documentary on Maynard Dixon, one of the greatest American artists of the 20th century.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment