Friday, August 17, 2018

August 16, 2018 Lunch – PPPI Mapo Dofu and Couscous Dinner – Voodle Lasagna with added spaghetti sauce

August 16, 2018 Lunch – PPPI Mapo Dofu and Couscous  Dinner – Voodle Lasagna with added spaghetti sauce

If you have good PPIs, why cook.

I started the day with a bowl of granola, ½ of a mango diced, milk, and yogurt and an 8 mike ride to the end of the big field south toward Rio Bravo.  It made me a bit sore for the rest of the day but I feel it is therapeutic and making me stronger.

I worked until noon and then went to the bank.  When I returned I ate a large plate of Mapo Dofu heaped on a pile of Couscous with a cup of green tea.

I began filing my out box until 2:30 and then read and napped from 3:15 until 4:00.  I then went to refill the propane tank for the gas grill.  Soon after I returned home, when Suzette arrived a bit after 5:0 we drove to Costco to buy stuff for the party tomorrow evening.  We bought plates and plastic cups and silverware.  We also bought whipped cream for the Clafoutis and Cahill Irish cheddar and a small wheel of Brie from D’ Isigny in Normandy, France , and two kinds of beer, a Warsteiner Oktoberfest and a San Adams Oktobertfest.  We also bought a lot of things for ourselves like a bottle of gin, a bottle of Mohua Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand and a bottle of King Estate Pinot Gris from The Willamette Valley in Oregon plus peanut butter and eggs.

We decided to eat our PPI lasagna rather than a Costco hotdog, so when we returned home at 7:30 I brought in the lasagna and pot of spaghetti sauce and we each placed a piece of lasagna in a pasta bowl
And covered it with more spaghetti sauce and heated it in the microwave and shaved several slices of Pecorino-Romano cheese on the top.



I opened a bottle of 2016 Barbera di Asti ($5.99 at Trader Joe’s), a very pleasant mild wine without a lot of acidity that complemented the acidity of the tomato sauce.

Willy called and came by just as we finished eating and ate the last piece of lasagna with sauce and we discussed the Candy store renovation.

After Willy left Suzette sipped a cognac and I sipped a Grappa as we watched news programs and went to bed.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment