Wednesday, August 29, 2018

August 29, 2018 Lunch – Chirashi. Dinner – Seafood Paella


August 29, 2018 Lunch – Chirashi. Dinner – Seafood Paella

I ate a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt, and blueberries for breakfast.

Then I worked until 11:30 when the mail arrived with two rent checks.

I took them to the bank and then went to Lowe’s and bought a bunch of radishes and three bananas for Suzette, and three lb. of chicken thighs.

When I returned home I made chirashi. I made sushi recipe with basmati rice by adding 1 T. each of rice vinegar and sugar and 1 tsp. F salt to 1 cup of rice cooked with seaweed and Lily flowers.

I thawed out four scallops in the morning and sliced them and placed a small piece of nori seaweed on each.  Then I sliced about ½ lb. of aji tuna into bite sized pieces, lay three boiled shrimp on the plate, and sliced two radishes thinly.  Here is a picture of the plate.

When the rice was ready I added the vinegar, sugar, and salt mixture and stirred it in abs filled a bowl with the rice.  Then I poured soy sauce into a dipping bowl and added some prepared wasabi mustard to it.  I made a cup of green tea and fetched the container of pickled ginger and started eating my oversized plate of sashimi. A Chirashi at Azuma contains 12 pieces of seafood and I was confronted by a plate with about 60 pieces of seafood.


It took about 1 hour to eat lunch. I watched the stock market report as the market approached the close with new highs in the NASDAQ and S and P.  After lunch and the market closed I discovered my portfolio went up $13,600.  A pretty good day.  Apple hit a new high.

I took a nap at 3:30 and woke at 4:30.  When Suzette came home around 5:15 she saw all the fish and the rice and decided she make a seafood paella.  I told her that sounded fabulous and excused myself to go meditate.

When I returned home at 7:00 she started cooking.  She diced a cooked bratwurst, the ½ trout fro Sunday’s dinner, several shrimp from last night’s dinner, and a small of fresh tuna along with ½ of a small onion.

She also cleaned and diced a handful of sugar snap peas that had lots of peas. I fetched a 7 oz. can of Spanish pimiento peppers and diced it into pieces and added them to the large skillet of ingredients.

I fetched a bottle of chilled 2015 Benton Lane rose’ from the garage fridges day poured glasses.

Suzette sautéed the ingredients in olive oil and butter.  I then added about 1 tsp. of chopped saffron leaves to give the dish a little saffron flavor, Suzette heated about 1 cup of sushi rice.  She plated my plate with 2/3 cup of rice and and ladled several spoonfuls of paella onto a plate.  We ate heartily.  Willy arrived around 7:30 and Suzette plated him a plate and I poured him a glass of Oregon rose’.






After dinner I ate two pieces of cheese cake left from last night’s dinner with a shot of Calvados and cup of Earl Grey tea with milk.

Willy left around 9:00 and we went to bed.

Dinner was a miraculous meal that Suzette created from nothing.

I love those dinners when Suzette creates something fabulous almost out of the air.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment