Saturday, August 4, 2018

August 3, 2018 Lunch – Mary and Tito’s Dinner – Boiled Shrimp, avocado, and cocktail sauce Lettuce wraps

August 3, 2018 Lunch – Mary and Tito’s   Dinner – Boiled Shrimp, avocado, and cocktail sauce Lettuce wraps

Aaron came over at 10:00 and we prepared a letter and then at 11:15 drove to Mary and Tito’s for lunch.  Aaron got the combination plate and I ordered beef enchiladas with double refried beans.

Their red sauce with meat is my favorite.  It is so bright and fresh tasting.  Here are pictures.



We planned to go to the Sipe opening at Mariposa Gallery and then the Lisa Loeb concert at the Zoo.

I suggested taking boiled shrimp and Suzette agreed so when I returned from lunch I thawed a 2lb. Bag of 16-20 count shrimp.  At 4:00 I made the kind of cocktail sauce Suzette likes with lemon juice, horseradish! Catsup and a few drops of Tabasco.

I then heated a pot of water to a boil and added ¼ onion, the ½ lemon peel of the ½ lemon I had juiced and two bay leaves.  When the water came to a boil I added the shrimp and cooked them


P came to a boil.  Then I peeled them and packed them in a plastic container.


I then sliced an avocado and three cucumbers and packed them each into a plastic container.


I also filled a thermos with water and another with a bottle of 2017 St. Sagnol rose and chilled the thermos.






Suzette arrive a bit before 5:00 and packed everything int our ice chest and I grabbed our blanket and we drove to Mariposa.  The exhibit was a little weak, so after about twenty minutes we left and drove to the zoo.

We waited until the zoo doors opened at 6:00 and went to our favorite spot to a wooden platform erected around a big tree.  We laid out our picnic dinner and began making lettuce wraps with shrimp,
 avocado slices and cocktail sauce.


                                           Suzette and a polar bear

There were two families on the platform with lots of running and shouting kids, so when they would not be quiet after the music began, we grabbed our stuff and moved much closer to the stage among those listening to the music. Suzette really enjoyed the music, especially when Lisa sang camp songs to which Suzette sang along.



We left a bit after 9:00.  When we returned home I watched some news and the read until after 12:00.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment