Tuesday, November 28, 2017

November 28, 2017 Lunch – Chicken Noodle Soup, Dinner – PPI Lamb Stew with sautéed broccoli, cauliflower, and onions

November 28, 2017 Lunch – Chicken Noodle Soup,  Dinner – PPI Lamb Stew with sautéed broccoli,  cauliflower, and onions

I ate granola, yogurt, blueberries, and milk for breakfast.

Then for I made a Vietnamese Pho, Miso, chicken noodle soup with two stalks of sliced bok choy, a handful of snow peas, red onion, chicken, three sliced portobello mushrooms, one heaping T. of red miso, seaweed, chicken stock, dehydrated dashi, and two types of noodles one wheat and one rice garnished with three finely sliced green onions.

I ate all three bowls of it.

Then I drove to the Court of Appeals and filed the appeal fee.

I called Suzette and discussed dinner and riding bike.  She said , “We need to eat the PPI lamb stew with vegetables and I am just now going to Los Lunas and will not be home until 6:00 so can not ride today.

It was 3:30 and I sent a letter out and hit the rode for Montano a bit before 4:00 and returned at 4:55, just in time to see the Business show at 5:00 on PBS and discovered that passage of the tax bill out of the Senate committee and Jerome Powell sounding like a reasonable replacement for Janet Yellen has sent the Dow up 255 points and my portfolio and the Dow to a new all time high.  Hooray!

At 5:30 I began prepping dinner by cutting and filling the steamer basket with flowerets of broccoli and cauliflower cut from from their stalks.  I brought in the lamb stew and Suzette, who arrived shortly before 6:00 spooned into the sauce pan I had used to prepare my soup at lunch, while I sliced and diced a large onion and sautéed it in a large skillet with melted butter and olive oil until the onion softened and began to take on color.  I then transferred the steamed broccoli and cauliflower flowerets to the skillet and added salt and white pepper and a liberal dusting of dried marjoram, while Suzette heated the PPI oyster dressing from Thanksgiving in the microwave. Suzette took over stirring the sautéing vegetables and the pot of simmering lamb stew and I fetched a bottle of 2012 Chateau Roudier from Montagne-Saint Emilion.  This the first Montagne-Saint Emilion I have ever bought (Trader Joe’s $12.99) and it marks the beginning of Trader Joe’s to add more expensive wine to its inventory, which is a very good thing for serious wine drinkers.  One rating service rated the wine 86/100 or a good bottle.  The wine is a red Bordeaux blend of 65% merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 10% Cabernet Franc.  It had a rich jammy flavor and lasted long on the pallet and open in the bottle without changing its character.  In fact Suzette thought it got better as it opened up over the hour we drank it. The label revealed that it was grown in Appellation Montagne -Saint Emilion Controlee and mis en bouteille au chateau (bottled at the Chateau).

We filled pasta bowls with dressing, sautéed vegetables, and lamb stew and watched TV and ate dinner by the fire.  Suzette said she had spoken to her mother shortly before 6:00 and her mother said she was sitting by her fireplace sipping a glass of wine.  So we toasted to sitting by the fireplace sipping wine.  Then we toasted the wine and I promised to buy more of it.  A solid Chateau produced Bordeaux wine.





Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment