Monday, November 27, 2017

November 27, 2017 Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – Composed Avocado filled with Chicken Salad Salads

November 27, 2017 Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – Composed Avocado filled with Chicken Salad Salads

Today was a big food day.  It started at breakfast with a bowl of granola, with blueberries, yogurt, and milk while working o; the final edit of the Docketing Statement.  Then at 10:00 I drank a glass of Clamato juice with the juice of 1/2 lime squeezed into it.  Luke came home at 11:00 and was not hungry, so at noon I finished my edit and sent it to Sally for final editing.  Then I ate the PPI chicken, green bean, mushroom, and cheese frttata from Yesterday’s breakfast while I read a case that had a statement that needed to be inserted, so I sent that to Sally at around 12:30 and lay down for a short nap.



I was awakened at 1:30 by Luke or the phone or both.  Luke was ready to go to lunch, so he drove us to the Taj Mahal at 2:20 and we each ate a plate of Indian food.  I was not overwhelmingly hungry so I limited my choices to tandoori chicken, chicken curry, saag paneer, and a dab of dhal.  We talked to Shamiz and our favorite waiter.  It was like being with your family after a long absence; very friendly and loving.

After lunch Luke wanted to go to a clothing store I had never been to named Savers Thrift Store,  which it turned out was in the location that used to be the Smith’s at the corner of Carlisle and Menaul.  I have never been in such a large thrift store.  I soon found exactly what I wanted, a cotton flannel shirt for $7.49.  Luke was more discerning and did not buy anything.  Luke then drove us to Willy’s office and they walked to the house from the MRCOG offices at 8th and Tijeras.  After I mentioned to Wily that he was invited for chicken salad filled avocado salad for dinner, Willy left and Luke packed up and I drove him to the train station and then went to Bill Turner’s office and reviewed Sally’s final edit of the Docketing Statement and we were in the process of e filing the Docketing Statement when I got a call from Luke saying he had forgotten his back pack and could I fetch it for him.  So I drove home at 4:15 and fetched his back pack from his bedroom and drove it to him at the train station.  We said our goodbyes again and he told me he loved his private Pullman compartment.  I was happy to have gotten it for him.

I then went back to the house and sent service copies of the Docketing Statement to all parties entitled to notice of its filing and then turned on the TV at 5:00 for the business news, when Suzette arrived home.  She agreed with my idea of making composed chicken salad salads with the chicken salad she made last week.  Willy arrived a little after 5:30 and told us the latest news about how A female member of Veritas, a right wing fake news organization, tried to target the Washington Post with a fake news story by a woman claiming to having a child out of wedlock from a sexual relationship with Roy Moore when she was 15 in 1992 and how The Post through due diligence found out the story was a fraud created to discredit the Post because it had broken the story about Roy Moore’s alleged targeting a 14 year old girl for inappropriate sexual behavior and how the Post exposed the fraudulent story and the woman’s connection to Veritas, whose leader O’Keefe posed as a pimp at Akorn and recorded it and destroyed Akorn, with the help of a de-funding drive by the outraged Republicans in Congress.

Willy said that the Post even found out that Donald Trump had donated money to Veritas.  My take on this sorted mess is that the Post should submit this story and Donald Trump’s support for Veritas as a candidate for the new contest Donald Trump tweeted out this last weekend about giving a prize to the best fake news story, nominating Donald Trump and Veritas for the award.

We watched the news and Robin called Willy to go to the gym and Willy invited him for dinner.  I made four plates of salad by laying a ring of leaves of Romaine lettuce on each plate, then cutting an avocado in half and laying the two halves in the middle of the leaves.  Then I and Suzette filled the avocados with the chicken salad.  I then sliced two tomatoes and a cucumber into slices and lay them on the radiating leaves of lettuce.  Then we cross cut a radish and put it on top for garnish and Suzette drizzled Cesar dressing around the leaves of each salad and I sliced and finely diced red onion and sprinkled the salads with bits of red onion.  Finally I opened the package of hard bread rounds and buttered three with butter and fetched the new Gruet rose’ wine Suzette had bought at Sam’s Club for $7.98 yesterday from the garage and opened it and poured a glass for each person.

We had another lovely low carb meal and enjoyed watching Rachel Maddox’s news show.  After Willy and Robin went to the gym, at 8:00 we watched TV until 8:30 and then went to bed.  We were both a little sore from our bike ride yesterday.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment