Thursday, November 23, 2017

November 22, 2017 Breakfast – Salmon and goat cheese omelet with spinach. Lunch – Asian Pear chicken plate with noodles. Dinner – stir fried chicken with mixed vegetables


November 22, 2017 Breakfast – Salmon and goat cheese omelet with spinach.  Lunch – Asian Pear chicken plate with noodles. Dinner – stir fried chicken with mixed vegetables

Suzette got up at 5:00 and made two beautiful Salado Stagecoach Inn chocolate fudge pecan pies that were baked by the tine I got up at 7:15.

I had to go to work today, but wanted to eat something before leaving home.  Suzette suggested using the PPI poached to make an omelet.  When I agreed Suzette started cooking.  I diced three green onions and three or four thin slices of red onion while Suzette stirred three eggs and cut a 3 oz. piece of goat cheese off the log.  While she cooked the onion and then added the eggs and goat cheese, I diced the last small tomato from our garden and when Suzette flipped ½ of the baked eggs onto itself to make the omelet I added the cubes of tomato to the open area of the skillet to sauté with the omelet.

I also toasted ½ of a bagel and smeared it with cream cheese and garnished it with thin slices of red onion.

When the omelet was cooked Suzette cut it into two wedges and plated each on a plate and garnished each wedge with some of the sautéed tomato cubes.

Salmon omelet and onion bagel

I then went to Bill Turner’s office to work with him and Sally to edit our latest appeal docketing statement.

At noon we took a short break to get lunch.  I walked to Asian Pear, which is two blocks from Bill’s office and Sally and I each ate a Korean sautéed BBQ chicken plate with noodles and salad.  Asian Pear is my favorite restaurant in downtown Albuquerque.  Their cellophane noodles doused with a soy based sauce are amazing.

When we finished a bit after 2:00 I went home and rested for a few minutes and then checked the market closing and was pleasantly surprised that my goal for the year of a 10% gain had been exceeded and that my portfolio has grown 15% so far with only 90% of my money invested and another month to go.  This could be a great year.

At 3:00 I drove to Talin and said hello to .Nizar, Mary, and Karim Kassam in the parking lot and wished them a happy Thanksgiving.

Talin was out of oysters so I called Suzette and told her and she said, “No problem, I will bring some home from work.”  I then bought brown beech mushrooms, and cans of baby corn, bamboo shoots, and sliced water chestnuts and fresh snow peas for stir fried mixed vegetables.

I then drove to Total Wine.  The parking lot was a total mass of cars and trucks going every which way.  I found a space and went in and when I was shown to the section where the Elk Cove Pinot Gris was I ran into Roland and Aaron, my partners in our VinDacia wine import company. We wished each other a happy Thanksgiving and I bought two bottles of Elk Cove 2016 Pinot Gris (92 points by Wine Spectator) for $19 each, 2 bottles of Vouvray for $12 each, a bottle of Chablis for $20.00, a bottle of Albrecht Pinot Blanc for $15, and a bottle of Dom Presidente Cotes du Rhone for $9.  The goal was to use the $15.00 discount coupon on a purchase of $100.00 of wine, which I achieved brilliantly.  The goal before discount wax $102.?? And the total after 7.5% tax was $97.75.

I drove home a little before 5:00 and Luke arrived shortly after me.  Suzette was making chicken saladWe each ate a peanut butter sandwich with a cup of tea and went meditate at 5:45 and returned at 6:50.

I made stir fried chicken with mixed vegetables for dinner.  I sliced and julienned about ¾ of a chicken breast. Then I did the same with two stalks of bok choy, ½ of an onion, a carrot, four cloves of garlic, six slices of fresh ginger root.  I removed the outer threads from a handful of snow peas, cleaned and separated 3 oz. of the brown beech mushrooms.

Then I heated about 1 ½ T. of peanut oil in my wok and stir fried the garlic and ginger and then added the white portion of the bok choy, the strips of onion, and the carrot slices and stir fried them for about ten minutes and added a few dashes of sesame oil, ½ tsp. each of sugar and salt.  Then I added the green portions of the bok choy, the snow peas, the water chestnuts, and the mushrooms. I made a thickening sauce by adding 1 T. of corn starch to 2/3 cup of chicken broth Suzette made when she cooked the chicken breasts, plus a T. of soy sauce.  The mixture thickened quickly so I added another few T. of chicken stock to create a slightly less thick sauce.  I re-heated the PPI basmati rice and made green tea and we were ready to eat.

We were all together. Willy, Luke, Suzette, and me.  It was the beginning of a great Thanksgiving weekend.

After dinner we all decided to try the Chocolate fudge pecan pie, so Willy sliced us a slice and fetched small dessert forks.  It was delicious.

Here is the recipe.

Suzette said it is sweet but we all liked it.  She used 72% dark chocolate, so it was less sweet than it could have been.

Thanksgiving really started today, when I met and was with so many people I am friends with and love.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment