Friday, November 17, 2017

November 17, 2017 Lunch – East Ocean Dinner – PPI Lamb Riblets with Bobby Flay Mint Sauce, Wild Rice, Tzatziki, Steamed Green Beans, and Fried Avocados

November 17, 2017 Lunch – East Ocean  Dinner – PPI Lamb Riblets with Bobby Flay Mint Sauce, Wild Rice, Tzatziki, Steamed Green Beans, and Fried Avocados

I ate granola, raisins, Quince compote, yogurt, and milk for breakfast?

Then at 12:30 I drove to East Ocean for lunch.  The menu was changed and prices increased.  I ordered Beef and mixed vegetables for $7.50, which was the same as Moo Goo Gai Pan, but with beef instead of chicken and $1.50 more expensive.  All lunches are now served with an egg roll.

It is still a good value, but I will be less inclined to come as often.

After lunch I drove to Sprouts and bought a salmon filet, three bratwurst, Brussels Sprouts, green beans, blueberries, and milk.

There were lots of folks shopping for Thanksgiving and the store was out of cranberries.

I then went home and worked until 5:00 when Karim came by to go to the bank.  When I returned home Suzette had arrived and she wanted to stay home.  She went through the fridge and cleaned it out and came up with a menu. I had bought 6 avocados at El Super on Wednesday that were ready to eat, sobSuzette decided to coat them with panko and ground pecans and fry them.  We decided to smear the lamb with a PPI mint sauce had made for the Bobby Flay chicken dish that is essentially mint and poblano chili.  We heated the four PPI lamb riblets and wild rice in the microwave and steamed the fresh green beans and Suzette coated the avocado halves with the panko and pecan coating and then dipped them in a beaten egg wash and then dipped them again in the coating and fried them in about 1/3 inch of hot canola oil.  While Suzette was cooking, I opened another new bottle of Spanish red wine named Paton-Clemente, a 2014 Crianza from La Mancha I bought at a Trader Joe’s for $4.99 on Tuesday.  I poured glasses of wine and Suzette plated dinner and I put the Tzatziki sauce on the table and we enjoyed dinner.  Something was not right because we both got slight stomach aches later.  Perhaps we were reacting to the rather heavy, greasy, delicious fried avocados.

The wine was really tasty.  It was full bodied and not too sweet or fruity, but well balanced and it got better during the hour or so it took us to drink the bottle.  I will buy more.

                                                        The fried avocados
                                                  The Tzatziki sauce




After dinner I ate the rest of the Tzatziki and had a sip of grappa and a square of chocolate, but those did not help much.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment