Friday, November 10, 2017

November 10, 2017 Lunch – Miso soup with noodles and Cornish game hen. Dinner – Grilled hamburgers and artichokes with Ratatouille

November 10, 2017 Lunch – Miso soup with noodles and Cornish game hen. Dinner – Grilled hamburgers and artichokes with Ratatouille

Almost every day has a theme.  Today the theme was to ride ten miles with good speed.

I knew I would need to keep up my energy, so I ate 1/2 bagel smeared with cream cheese and garnished with slices of Lax and red onion and capers and then took my vitamins.

I worked until 12:30 and then when Willy said he was making miso soup for lunch I decided to make miso soup also.  I put seaweed and dehydrated dashi in a pot of water and then added the last of the
PPI roasted Cornish game hen, and a handful of green beans and sliced and added three portaballa mushrooms and about four oz. of tofu and then a heaping T. of red miso. I also added three types of noodles, wheat, Japanese soman, and 30 mm. square rice noodles, plus several dashes of sesame oil, Chinese rice wine, soy, and the last of the soy and chili flake dipping sauce from last night’s pot sticker orgy.

After twenty minutes everything was cooked and I thinly sliced and garnished the bowl of soup with green onion.

After lunch I took a nap from 3:00 until 4:00.  When I awakened I rode to Rio Bravo and did not get soar or tired.  Willy arrived around 6:00.

I had invited Willy over for dinner and had thawed out two hamburgers.

I sliced three previously cooked medium artichokes (Trader Joe’s $2.49 for a four pack) and Willy grilled the artichokes and the hamburgers while I heated a container of PPI Ratatouille.  We dipped the grilled artichoke leaves into a container of basil mayonnaise Willy had made about a month ago.

I poured out the last two glasses of Barbera di Asti red wine and we had a pleasant dinner.

We then went to Willy’s apartment and watched this week’s Bill Maher show and even the after show show.

Willy served us cups of a nice homemade chai he made from scratch, using Luke’s recipe.

I went home a bit after 10:00.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment