Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 14, 2017 Lunch – Costco hot dog. Dinner – Grilled Rack of Lamb and Artichoke, steamed spinach, Bulgar wheat, and cauliflower with Tzatziki

November 14, 2017 Lunch – Costco hot dog. Dinner – Grilled Rack of Lamb and Artichoke, steamed spinach, Bulgar wheat, and cauliflower with Tzatziki

I ate the PPI miso noodle soup for lunch with an egg and two spoonfuls of Bulgar added.

I had a podiatry appointment and then went to Trader Joe’s and bought three bottles of French apple and pear cider and 9 bottles of wine plus yogurt and ah-mok crackers.

I then drove to Costco and bought paper towels, a rack of lamb, spinach, romaine lettuce, a bottle of wine, and butter.

I wanted to ride so I ate a Polish Dog and drove home.  When I got all the groceries into the house, I was tired and took a short 45 minute nap.

Then at 2:30 I rode to Campbell Rd. And back and then went to my health couching session at Pres. at 4:00, which finished at 5:00.

I drove home and read some of Dharma Bums until Suzette came home at 5:45.  She was tired and had a cocktail while I started dinner.

Tzatziki Sauce

I peeled and finely diced a cucumber and added a tsp of salt to the cubes.

I then peeled and pressed two cloves of garlic into the cubes.

Then I chopped about 1/3 cup of fresh dill and added it and the remaining cup of yogurt and the juice of one lemon to the sauce.

I then went to the garden and picked a small handful of mint and chopped the de-stemmed leaves and added them to the sauce.  Done

I simply filled a medium pot with about 1/3 cup of water and spinach and heated it on the stove until the spinach wilted.

I cut the previously cooked artichoke in half and Suzette took over the grilling of it and the rack of lamb.  She basted the artichoke halves with olive oil and salted and peppered the rack of lamb and grilled the lamb to rare.

I opened a new bottle of Gran Lopez (65% Grenache and 35% Tempranillo $4.99 at Trader Joe’s) from the Campo Borja region of Spain.  This wine was fruity without any tannic bitterness and held that delightful fruitiness for a full hour after it was open.  It was a great accompaniment to the grilled lamb and artichoke.  The lamb was delicious.  This is spring lamb from Australia, an amazing value at $10.99/lb. at Costco.








I ate some chocolate with Calvados after dinner.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment