Monday, April 5, 2021

April 5, 2021 Lunch - salami and ham sandwiches, pickles, and green onions. Dinner - PPI Roasted Cornish Game Hen with Ratatouille

 April 5, 2021 Lunch - salami and ham sandwiches, pickles, and green onions. Dinner - PPI Roasted Cornish Game Hen with Ratatouille 

The big event today was a court appearance on a forcible entry and unlawful detainer complaint I filed for my client.  It went well to say the least. It is always more fun to win than lose.


After the hearing I checked the market and it kept drifting up.  The Dow and the S and P both set records and by the end of the day my portfolio was up another 1% more.


I ate tropical fruit salad with yogurt and granola and milk at 7:00 as I prepared for court.




At 11:00 I rode my bike to the bank and deposited two checks.


When I returned home I was hungry and weak so I toasted two slices of nine grain bread and spread mayonnaise on them and the lay slices of tomato, then slices of onion, and salami on one and ham on the other, and then mustard, Swiss Gruyere cheese, and finally lettuce.  I pulled two pickles from the jar of homemade pickles and two green onions and fetched a Modelo Especial from the fridge for a hardy lunch.  





After lunch I read some of the Grant biography, took a short nap and then returned to my desk to finish the book club comments and grades.


I called Suzette a bit after 4:00 and discovered she was almost home.


When she arrived we drove to Costco to pick up my prescriptions and grocery shop.  We bought butter, yogurt, lettuce, fresh trout, eggs, cream, brie cheese, and several items for the Center.


We were hungry so when we returned home I brought in the PPI Ratatouille and heated it and cut the PPI Roasted Cornish Game Hen in half and heated the two halves in the microwave.


I then opened a bottle of Callers du Rhone white and poured glasses.  When the bell on the microwave range in 2:34 minutes dinner was ready.  I put a hen half on each plate and we both served ourselves ratatouille for the fastest dinner prep in memory; less than four minutes.


The game hen and ratatouille were a perfect combination.




After dinner we watched Rachel Maddow and Suzette made us bananas Foster, which was a great way to celebrate a good simple meal. Suzette put a little try rum in the skillet of sautéed bananas in butter and brown sugar, which made the dish flambé a bit longer tha usual which caramelized the bananas more and made them more delicious.






What a lovely day of food.


After we finished dessert we watched Baylor cruise to an easy win over undefeated Gonzaga for the NCAA National Men’s basketball championship.


We watched the last half in bed and Suzette then fell asleep and I blogged.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment