Wednesday, April 14, 2021

April 14, 2021 Lunch - Pho Dinner - Gravad Lax Salad and Brie on French baguette

April 14, 2021 Lunch - Pho   Dinner - Gravad Lax Salad and Brie on French baguette


I ate a slice of toasted bagel spread with cream cheese and garnished with chives and lax with a cup of Earl Grey tea.


Then at 12:30 I heated the PPI Pho and added three leaves of wilted bok Choy and the last 3 T. of seasoning sauce Suzette made for her garlic eggplant dish a few nights ago and a T. of amontillado sherry. The seasoning sauce and sherry enhanced the soup’s flavor ant took it further away from boiled water with some beef flavors.


I ate the last two bowls of soup and then lay down to rest for and hour.




When I awakened I checked my stock portfolio and found that today more that half of yesterday’s gain had been given up, but my portfolio was still above all all time highs except for yesterday’s.


I am proud of my stock picking.


Suzette came home at 4:00 and we picked lettuce and then I walked 1/3 mile.  When I returned we made the new Lax salad Suzette wants to serve at the Greenhouse Bistro. Suzette made a dressing with orange juice and Mayo. I went to the garden and picked a handful of basil leaves and Suzette blended them with olive oil in the Cuisinart to make a basil infused olive oil.  


We filled pasta bowls with freshly picked lettuce and then I sliced four slices of Gravad lax for each salad.  For one salad I sliced the slices and for the other salad Suzette laid the slices crisscrossed on the top of the pile of lettuce. I I diced two thin slices of red onion and minced them and peeled and sectioned the sections of a clementine thatSuzette added along with a drizzle of dressing and drops of basil infused olive oil.




We drank the rest of the de Ponte Melon de Bourgogne with the salad.  The strong character  and high acidity of the wine reminded me of the wines of Savveniers, dry acidic and yet fruity.


After dinner we both wanted a cheese course so I opened the new container of brie from the creamery in Isigny Sur Mer and Suzette opened the bottle of Rodney Strong 2013 Pinot noir.



P


I toasted and buttered two slices of French baguette for each of us and then lay slices of brie on each slice and we drank the entire bottle. After we ate two slices of bread with brie Suzette fetched a bar of chocolate covered hazelnut pieces an we ate also with the Pinot.


We watched some news but became boarded after Rachel and went to bed


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment