Friday, April 9, 2021

April 8, 2021 Lunch - Sashimi. Dinner - Smoked Trout Salad

 April 8, 2021 Lunch - Sashimi. Dinner - Smoked Trout Salad


I did little work today and lunch with Peter got messed up, but it was a great day in the stock market.  One of those days that makes you feel like you are a financial genius.  Both Apple and Square soared today and Nvda did well also as the demand for chips exceeded supply,  so my Portfolio went up another 1.2%, ending within .11% of my prior all time high.  As I write the blog the futures indicate an up day for the NASDAQ for tomorrow, so we may hit a new high tomorrow.


I skipped breakfast because I had a luncheon planned with Peter. I ordered roast duck snd fried tofu with mixed vegetables from East Ocean an 11:15 and then went by Peter’s house on the way to pick up lunch, but he was gone and so was his vehicle.  I picked up the food but instead of driving home, I drove to Smith’s on Carlisle at Constitution because they had a sale on Atlantic farm raised salmon for $7.99/lb.


I bought two large salmon fillets and three small fillets and then bought a fillet of tuna and then noticed fresh oysters so bought 8 of them.


I also bought a cucumber, two bunches of asparagus, Roma tomatoes, and bananas.


I was hungry so after I checked out I drove home and put everything into the fridges.  


I thawed four scallops and sliced 1/2 of the tuna steak and about three ounces of the salmon.  I also peeled, seeded, and sliced 1/3 of the cucumber and arranged those items around the outside  of a plate and put a small bowl filled with soy and wasabi sauce in the middle.  I also put pickled ginger in another small bowl and filled a rice bowl with PPI sushi rice and heated it in the microwave.  I made a cup of green tea and ate a hardy lunch of raw fish and sushi rice that revived me.




I meditated at 5:00 and by the end of meditation at 5:30 Suzette arrived.


At 6:20 we started dinner.  


We started with an oyster appetizer.  I shucked the 8 oysters and Suzette refreshed the PPI cocktail sauce and we loved our oyster appetizer.




Suzette said we should eat the PPI smoked trout in a salad.  I suggested using the spinach and hard boiled eggs. So we went to the garden and picked a basketful of lettuce leaves.


While Suzette spun the lettuce and spinach and peeled the shells from two hard boiled eggs I boned the trout, which was the largest one and sliced thinly the handful of chives Etienne had pulled from the garden the other day resulting in over a cup of thin slices.  Suzette then made a dressing with the new honey from Santa Fe that Murad gave us, Dijon style Grey Poupon mustard, and olive oil.  


Suzette composed two separate salads, one in each pasta bowl in which she combined the lettuce, spinach, egg, and 1/2 of a fillet and I poured 1/2 cup of chives. We then dressed each of our salads with the sweet honey mustard dressing.




Suzette fetched a bottle of La Granja white Spanish wine made from Verdejo and Viura grapes from the garage fridge and poured us glasses of wine and we ate an incredibly fresh and delicious salad for our meal.


Suzette gave the salad the best compliment when she called it a winner and suggested adding it to the Greenhouse bistro menu.  The use of fresh light ingredients created a special simple elegant salad.


Later Suzette ate a small bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and I ate a piece of fruit cake with a cup of chai while we watched a new episode of Midsomer Mystery. 


When the mystery ended at 9:30 we went to bed.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment