Friday, April 2, 2021

April 2, 2021 Lunch - Leftover Salmon and steak in sorrel cream sauce and vegetable couscous. Dinner - Sashimi and sushi rice

 April 2, 2021 Lunch - Leftover Salmon and steak in sorrel cream sauce and vegetable couscous. Dinner - Sashimi and sushi rice


Every day brings a new adventure even when you are isolated in your own house and yard.


Today there were two adventures.  Floyd came and we reviewed and revised a large portion of his Condominium by-laws.  He was smart and diligent and we interacted seamlessly, which I have been missing during the pandemic.  It was a fun and gratifying three hours.


At 10:00 Jody and Loyda arrived, Loyda to clean the house and Jody to fix the light switch and leaking pipes under the sink.  I had thought he was coming to fix the light switch, but it was a very pleasant surprise that he completely replaced the pipes under the sink.  I am so happy everything in the front bathroom is now repaired.


I ate a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt, and blueberries for breakfast. 


I was happy that the U.S. markets were closed today, so I could devote my entire attention to the by-law project.  At 1:00 Floyd left and I reheated the leftover Salmon and steak in sorrel cream sauce and vegetable couscous from last night’s dinner and ate it outside in the gazebo.



                                                     My view of the garden from the gazebo


I also made a cup of sushi rice by heating 2 cups of water, and adding to it, 1 tsp. of dashi seasoning, about a tsp. of dried pulse seaweed, 2 T. each of rice vinegar and sugar and a dash of aji mirin. When the water cane to boil I added a cup of jasmine rice and covered the pot and cooked the rice on the lowest setting fo 30 minutes.


Then I paid Jody and lay down and napped until 4:00.


At 5:00 just when Suzette arrived, I went for ac1/2 mile walk.  I am thrilled that most of the numbness and joint pain is gone from my right leg, so now I think I will be better able to build build my stamina.


When I returned I drank a gin and tonic with Suzette and then started dinner.  I had thawed a tuna steak and four Peruvian scallops today for sushi.


I heated a pitcher of sake in a pot half full of water on low heat and fetched  the bowls; two rice bowls that I filled with sushi rice, two dipping bowls that I filled with soy and wasabi sauce,' a slightly larger bowl in which I placed pickled ginger. I then sliced two radishes into thin slices and a avocado and added those to a large platter. Finally I sliced the tuna, salmon and scallops and piled them onto the plate.


Suzette poured cups of warm sake and fetched the jar of pickled green beans and  I made a cup of green tea and we started eating and drinking our way through dinner.




We watched some news shows and went to bed at 9:00.


I stayed up to blog for a while and then went to bed a bit after 10:00.


A day when there was lots of activity in the house.


Bon Appetit 




No comments:

Post a Comment