Thursday, April 15, 2021

April 15, 2021 Lunch - Spinach, Egg, and Avocado Salad Dinner - Roasted Cornish Game hen with basil infused olive oil and roasted cauliflower and Brussels Sprout

April 15, 2021 Lunch - Spinach, Egg, and Avocado Salad   Dinner - Roasted Cornish Game hen with basil infused olive oil and roasted cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts 


I ate granola and yogurt and tropical fruit salad for breakfast at 8:00.


I rode to Campbell Rd. and back at 10:30.


When I returned I made a large salad with the remaining spinach, a hard boiled egg, two slices of avocado, 2 slices of red onion, 1/3 cucumber sliced, and a tomato.



I dressed the salad with a commercial Bacon ranch dressing and watched the market close as I ate my large salad.


The market rose again today. My portfolio was up 1.2% to a new all time high, as the Dow reached 34,000.


After lunch I took a nap until 4:30 and then meditated at 5:00 until 5:30.


Suzette arrived while I was meditating.  After meditation I called Susan and she had bought a bag of Yukon Gold potatoes for our Sunday dinner.


I took a good bottle of Tavel and a small bottle of amontillado sherry for the sabayon she intended to make for dessert for Sunday dinner.


We talked for about 45 minutes and when I returned home Dinner was ready.


But we received a call from Luke snd talked with him for about fifteen minutes.


Suzette had placed the game hen on a spandex rack and drenched the game hen with the last oz. or two of the basil infused olive oil she made yesterday for our salmon salad and placed halved BRUSSELS SPROUts and cauliflower flowerets around it in a Pyrex baking dish to bake with the Game hen.



Suzette had chilled a Kirtland Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough, New Zealand, which I opened and poured glasses of.


We enjoyed dinner. Suzette’s roasting the vegetables with the game hen in an infused olive oil was a revolutionary new method of cooking.



After dinner I was still hungry so I toasted a slice of German whole wheat bread and spread sour cream on it and lay slices of pickled herring on it. A little later I toasted another slice of whole wheat bread and spread peanut butter and honey on it and drank a cup of Earl Grey tea with it.


We loved the meal and then enjoyed watching a new episode of Midsomer Mystery.


We went to bed at 9:30 after Midsummer ended.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment