Tuesday, April 6, 2021

April 6, 2021 Lunch - Herring and Salami Sandwiches. Dinner - New Recipe, Smoked Cedar Board Grilled Trout with Sautéed Medley of Acorn Squash, onions, and potatoes and steamed asparagus

 April 6, 2021 Lunch - Herring and Salami Sandwiches. Dinner - New Recipe, Smoked Cedar Board Grilled Trout with Sautéed Medley of Acorn Squash, onions, and potatoes and steamed asparagus 


This was a great day of food. It started with tropical fruit salad and yogurt with milk and granola.


Then at 1:00 after a trip to the post office, I made three open faced Sandwiches: one of herring wine sauce on a toasted slice of rye bread spread with sour cream and garnished with slices of red onion and herring.  Another slice of rye was similarly spread with sour cream and garnished with slices of red onion and herring in cream sauce.  The third sandwich was a slice of Bosque Bakery Rye bread toasted and spread with mayonnaise and slices of tomato and then yellow onion slices and then salami and ham and then spread with mustard and finally garnished with Jarlsberg cheese.




I drank water with lunch.


After lunch I check my portfolio and thanks mainly to Square it was up .42%.  I bought 1040 shares of Square because I thought it had a great chance to be an important part of what I saw as a new banking system that would develop to facilitate the monetize Bitcoin commerce in the near future.  Square finally started moving today over $6.00 per share.


After I checked the market I lay down for a nap and did not awaken until 5:15.


I did a little work on my taxes but when Suzette came home at 5:30 our attention shifted to dinner.  We had developed a menu yesterday; cedar plank grilled trout with cottage fries and steamed asparagus.  Suzette altered that slightly by creating lots of smoke in the grill which smoked the trout and adding 1/2 diced acorn squash to the two diced previously baked potatoes and 1/2 of an onion.


Willy came for dinner and we poured out the last of the Gruner Vitliner for Suzette and the last of the Calliers du Rhone Cotes du Rhone for Willy and me.


The smoked trout was superb, as was the acorn squash, onion, and Potato medley browned to perfection.






We have a lot of good dinners, but this was a uniquely wonderful dinner.  The skin of the trout was charred on top, but the meat was succulently tender inside.  We bought the trout at Costco yesterday for $3.99/lb.


It was a memorable new recipe that I hope we can replicate in the future.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment