Sunday, March 29, 2020

March 29, 2020 Brunch – Teriyaki Salmon Omelet. Dinner – Pot Roast with Root Vegetables

March 29, 2020 Brunch – Teriyaki Salmon Omelet. Dinner – Pot Roast with Root Vegetables

I awakened at 8:00 and watched Fareed Zacharia and then some of the news programs.  There was a great match from several years ago MC v. Liverpool on.

At 10:00:;we decided to make breakfast.  Suzette asked if I wanted her to make an omelet with the PPI salmon in the fridge and I said yes.

I minced a shallot and then cut slices of Swiss Gruyere and diced a couple of slices of fresh mozzarella and a few sprigs of parsley and handed Suzette the spinach.  She made a lovely salmon omelet.  Here is a picture.


I worked at my desk for a few minutes and then called Billy and we decided to call our cousins, Audrey and Anne, who are both around 90 years old.  After that I went to the garden to help Suzette. I turned the soil in the two beds we plan to plant this year for about an hour and Suzette cultivated the soil and removed the weeds.

I then came back inside and read and napped until 4:00

At 4:00 I became hungry so I heated the container of PPI Penne and Sausage and mushrooms and we shared that.

We then prepped dinner. Suzette had thawed out a frozen pot roast, so I diced a carrot, a turnip, a rutabaga, a stalk of celery, and a parsnip, while Suzette Seared the pot roast at high heat. Then Suzette put all the ingredients into a casserole with beef broth and fresh rosemary and baked it covered in a 300 degree oven for several hours.

 At 5:00 we drove to the post office to mail letters and then visited  Cynthia and Ricardo at their house.

Then we came home and watched the last half of 60 Minutes and then took a short walk.

When we came home I heated the extra PPI penne but it dried out to the point of being inedible.  We ate small bowls of pot roast with the root vegetables, which were delicious.

I went to the basement and fetched a Primus red Blend that I had bought at Costco because it had a 90 rating.  The blend goes particularly well with pot roast because it is medium weight.



Here is the wine maker’s description:   Primus The Blend is produced in the privileged location of the Apalta valley, Chile. An expressive blend that brings together the diversity of each of our estates and the best adapted varieties. Cabernet Sauvignon is the basis and provides structure, while Merlot adds red fruit and vitality on the palate. Carmenere delivers density and smoothness combined with the soft and complex finish of the Petit Verdot. Cabernet Franc adds elegance and persistence.

After all the pasta I had eaten , I did not eat very much pot roast but enjoyed its tenderness and the lovely roasted vegetables very much.


We had eaten dessert before dinner.  I at four cubes of chocolate with almonds and Suzette made a drink by adding a chocolate covered cherry in a glass with the PPI maraschino cherry medium she had make last year and vodka.





No comments:

Post a Comment