Tuesday, March 24, 2020

March 24, 2020 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with Shrimp. Dinner – PPI Green Chili Enchiladas with Crema and Mango Salsa

March 24, 2020 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with Shrimp. Dinner – PPI Green Chili Enchiladas with Crema and Mango Salsa

We cook more on the weekends and Mondays and less during the week when we eat the PPIs left from those meals.

I ate granola, tropical fruit salad and yogurt for breakfast, but had a hankerin’ for a bowl of noodle soup for lunch.

 At 11:30 I filled a 2 quart sauce pan 2/3 full of water.  I added a cube of Pho seasoning and a tsp. of Dehydrated Dashi.  Then I added 1 large mushroom sliced, 1 Shallot minced, three types of noodles, wheat, bean thread, and 40 mm rice flakes.  I went to the compost pile and picked a handful of arugula diced it added it with two diced bok Choy leaves.  Then I added a large T. of red miso and, after fifteen minutes I added six shrimp and two fish balls sliced. I garnished the soup with thinly sliced green onion.




I added hoisin sauce and sriracha and had a delicious lunch. After the first bowl of soup I added water to the pot of soup because as the noodles expand the up a lot of the water.  I continued to cook the noodles after I ladled the first bowl of soup out of the pot.  I ate two bowls and had ½ of the soup left for tomorrow.

Suzette came home at 4:30 and I napped until 5:30 when we walked ½ mile in the neighborhood.

When we returned I fetched the PPI enchiladas and made mango salsa.  Suzette sliced an avocado that I diced and added two slices of red onion minced, one mango, juice of a lime and about 3 T. of pasilla chili.

While I made the salsa Suzette mixed crema with some heavy cream to make a crema.  We garnished the re-heated enchiladas with salsa and crema for a really delicious meal.  We drank a Negra Modelo with dinner.


After dinner I drank a sip of Calvados with a cup of tea and three Danish cookies.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment