Friday, March 13, 2020

March 13, 2020 Lunch – Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Cedar Plank Grilled Teriyaki Salmon and asparagus with Sushi Rice

March 13, 2020  Lunch – Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner –  Cedar Plank Grilled Teriyaki Salmon and asparagus with Sushi Rice

I sliced a half bagel into two slices and toasted them and spread them with cream cheese.  I then garnished the slices with slices of red onion, Gravad Lax, and capers.



I had an 11:30 appointment, so I heated the PPI Miso Noodle Soup and added three sliced mushrooms and two bok Choy leaves chopped into pieces. At 11:00 I bought 1200 shares of Apple at $258 per share.

I loved it with hoisin and lime juice.

I came home at 2:30 and and discovered that the stock market surged over 9% almost erasing its historic 10% loss yesterday and the Apple stock I bought closed at $275 yielding a $20,000 gain.

I took a ½ mile walk and at 4:00 called the title company.  The deed was not filed so I went to the bank and wrote the checks for all disbursements except those for the house sale that will wait until after filing on Monday.

I finished writing checks at 6:00 and arrived home around 6:30.  Mike had arrived at 5:00 and he and Suzette had already had a gin and tonic made with Ocean Hawaiian gin and Fever Tree tonic.  I made myself one and ate several crackers spread with Boursin and read Mike’s contract while Suzette grilled the salmon filet I marinated for the last 28 hours in teriyaki sauce.  It was delicious. At least Mike said it was.  Suzette also grilled a bunch of olive oil and salt tossed asparagus with the salmon and heated some sushi rice in the microwave.

I poured a bottle of De Ponte 2017 Melon de Bourgogne.  This was a new grape for me and we all found it very pleasant. I bought this bottle as part of my wine club allotment as a member of its wine club.

Some bottles, and this one may be one, are of such a limited production that they are only offered to wine club members.  DePonte’s wine is not cheap but it makes delicious wine.

The grilled salmon was cooked to medium rare and still had most of its internal juices intact.  Everyone liked the entire meal.  With the elegant California white wine I felt the dinner expressed a very California Cuisine vibe.



After the meal we sipped cognac with chocolates, looked at art and then the news until after 10:00 when Mike went to sleep in the chair.

We said goodnight.

So I am sitting blogging after a busy and successful day of practicing law and in the market at 11:00.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment