Wednesday, March 11, 2020

March 11, 2020 Lunch – PPI Asparagus and mushroom Cream Soup with buttered baguette. Dinner – PPI Roasted Chicken and Potatoes with Steamed Green Beans


March 11, 2020 Lunch – PPI Asparagus and mushroom Cream Soup with buttered baguette. Dinner – PPI Roasted Chicken and Potatoes with Steamed Green Beans

I drank a cup of hot chocolate for breakfast. I then went to two  appointments that lasted until 3:00.

When I returned home I heated the PPI Asparagus and mushroom Cream Soup and toasted and buttered 3 pieces of French Baguette with a ½ glass of Sainte-Celine Chablis.



I worked at home until 5:00 when I drove to Sprouts to buy groceries.  I had a $5.00 off coupon, so I bought a 2.6 filet of salmon and 2 large Aji Tuna steaks for $6.99/lb.  I also bought 1 lb. of bacon for $3.99 and 4 scallops for $2.60.  I then bought an eggplant, two artichokes, a cabbage, 2 bunches of asparagus, 5 ears of corn, granola, and brown rice.  The plan is to stay at home and cook food at home.

Suzette came home and did not want to cook.  She said she is working full time on her business so I am going to be the cook for a while.

I heated a plate with PPI chicken, green beans, and roasted potatoes and drank the last ½ glass of Chablis for dinner.



Suzette ate the PPI Colombian Brisket cooked in the Ropa Viejo style with beans and tajadas from last night’s meal with a Negra Modelo.

I am trying to eat healthier, so my body will be strong.

I made Vichyssoise tonight.  It is the easiest soup to make.  Three cups each of  thinly sliced leeks and potatoes with salt to taste cooked in 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock for an hour.  I then emulsified pureed the vegetables.  I refrigerated the soup.  I will add 3/4 to 1 cup of cream to it tomorrow to finish the soup and garnish it with thinly sliced chives from the garden.  Here is the recipe.


While the soup was simmering, Suzette made Bananas Foster by sautéing light brown sugar in butter until it went into solution.  She then added two ripe bananas sliced. After the bananas cooked  some in the butter and sugar Suzette added rum and heated it until it flared with touched with a match and flambeed the bananas.  She scooped the last of the chocolate ice cream into shallow bowls and added some bananas and sauce and then garnished each bowl with Reddi-whip whipped cream to create a delicious dessert.




Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment