Thursday, March 26, 2020

March 26, 2020 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with Shrimp. Dinner – Penne in Sausage Cream Sauce with Caprese Salad

March 26, 2020 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with Shrimp.  Dinner – Penne in Sausage Cream Sauce with Caprese Salad

I ate granola, yogurt, and tropical fruit salad for breakfast.

I spent a rather busy morning working on my three domestic cases and writing my brief for the Court of Appeals.

At noon I heated the PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup and added a T. of red miso, two shrimp, a handful of spinach, and a fish ball.

After lunch I saw that the market was on the move upward, so I replaced my position in Disney by buying 100 shares for $104.35 each.  I had sold the shares for $126. Disney added another $1.00 by the end of the session.  Let’s hope this upswing in the Market is the beginning of a recovery in the market and not a way station of another leg down.  If so my portfolio is back above its level on January 2018, which is a relief. The Dow has risen almost 4000 points in the last three days and we know it can not continue in that manner, especially since we are going into a recession.

Suzette came home about 4:00 and started working on an application for government aid, which is what we all shall be doing soon.

We talked about dinner and Suzette said, “We have Sausage.

I replied, “Perhaps we could cook it with pasta?

At 5:15 I walked a mile without pain. When I returned Suzette was in the kitchen cooking.  There was a pot boiling with a Penne pasta in it.  She had cut about a 1/3 pound piece of patty sausage off the 1 lb. roll and she was sautéing slices of three large mushrooms in a skillet to brown them.  After the mushrooms were brown she removed them and sautéed the sausage and added the container of PPI roasted vegetables to the skillet.  Then Suzette added the mushrooms back, some Spanish paprika, salt and pepper, and some heavy cream to the skillet and finally she added about 1 1/2 cups of drained cooked Penne to the skillet.



I fetched the log of fresh sliced mozzarella cheese and sliced a tomato. Suzette picked basil leaves from the basil plant she has been nursing through the winter and made a balsamic and olive oil dressing for the Caprese salad I constructed with alternating slices of cheese, a basil leaf, and a slice of tomato.  Suzette drizzled the Caprese Salad with the dressing and we were ready to eat.






I sliced the remains basil leaves into thin strips that Suzette used to garnish the dish and I grated Parmigiana cheese on the dishes.

I fetched a bottle of Aquino Reserva Chianti and opened it and Suzette poured glasses of it and we ate a lovely dinner.




It was a bad day for NM corona virus infections with 24  new confirmed cases and a total of 136; a big increase from 13 new cases yesterday.

It makes me want to shelter in place forever.

We watched a CNN interview with Bill Gates during dinner and after dinner watched Midsummer Mystery and then Endeavor Masterpiece Mystery.

I ate a toasted slice of banana nut bread smeared with marmalade with a cup of tea and two pieces of chocolate for dessert.

After Endeavor I blogged this entry.

A rather exciting day for not leaving the house except to walk.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment