Tuesday, December 1, 2020

November 30, 2020 Lunch – PPI Sashimi Dinner – Penne Pasta Primavera in Heavy Sour Cream Sauce

 November 30, 2020 Lunch – PPI Sashimi  Dinner – Penne Pasta Primavera in Heavy Sour Cream Sauce

Today, luckily like many days lately, was dominated by food and the Market.

I started the day with a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt, and blueberries around 9:00.

At 10:30 I became tired, so I lay down and watched Leicester lose to Fulham. Rather disgraceful for Leicester that is near the top of the PL standings and Fulham is at the bottom.  But it was a brilliant win for Fulham because it lifted them out of relegation and provided them their first win of the year.

This was one of those days when all the indices were down all day, but two stocks did so well that they created a significant gain.  At one point the Dow was down 450 points, but toward the end of the day climbed back to end down about 277 points and the NASDAQ made to about 12 points down.  But Apple ended up over $3.00 and Moderna over $20.00, which resulted in a .8% gain for my portfolio for the day and over a 10% gain for the month and Moderna increased after the close also tomorrow should be another record day also.  The commentators indicated the Dow was up 12% for the month, making it the best month in over 30 years.  It is hard to believe that in the middle of a worsening pandemic the Market is making new all time highs, but it is.

I bought Moderna on February 28 when the NIH announced it was working with Moderna to develop a vaccine.  Moderna has been rising to about double as of about a week or two ago but since it announced the efficacy in its Phase Three trial was 94.5% the stock has taken off and doubled again, rising over $60.00 in the last two days.  

Back to food. 

 At 1:30 I finished work and decided to eat the Sashimi left from last night’s dinner. There was a small piece of fresh tuna I sliced to add to the salmon, scallops, cucumber and avocado slices.  I brewed a cup of green tea and even discovered enough sake to fill a Chinese tea cup that I heated.  It was a lovely lunch but was interrupted by more work on the case until 3:00 when I finished lunch.   



The mail arrived at 3:15 with a check so at 3:30 I rode my bike to The bank and deposited my checks and returned home.

I watched the news until Suzette arrived around 5:30. Again she was hungry and wanted to eat the PPI Roasted chicken breast.  After a lengthy search she found it in the freezer and thawed it in the microwave, 

We wanted to prepare a Penne pasta dish, so I fetched a bag of dried Penne pasta, an orange bell pepper  


from the garage, garlic, a yellow squash, portobello and white mushrooms and the last bunch of taka Choy.  The last onion was rotten so Suzette fetched a shallot. I sliced and diced the vegetables and then the defrosted chicken breast.

Suzette started a pot of water boiling and cooked the Penne pasta.  Then she started sautéing the shallot, ½ bell pepper, a squash, and three cloves of garlic.  I sliced three white and four portobello mushrooms and removed the white stems of the taka Choy and they and the cubed chicken went into the sauté pan. Finally, the green leaves of the taka Choy went into the sauté skillet.  Suzette then made a sauce in the vegetable skillet by adding white wine, heavy cream, and sour cream t make s stroganoff style sauce.

I then cubed about ¼ lb. of sliced fresh mozzarella and placed the cubes in the bottom of a large ceramic bowl. Suzette then drained the penne and put it in the large bowl and sliced strips of Pecorino – Romano cheese with a cheese slicer and added the sautéed vegetables and then lay the slices of cheese on top in the bowl.

 


 



I fetched a good bottle of Piazzano Chianti and poured glasses.  



We had a fabulous dinner.  Pasta is one of my favorite foods because it is so rich in carbohydrates, which my body craves.


After dinner I was not hungry for anything else.  We watched an episode of The a Great British Baking Show and went to bed.


It seems like almost every day is a fun food day, but Suzette outdid herself today by making a perfect pasta dish.


Bon Appetit 





No comments:

Post a Comment