Wednesday, December 2, 2020

December 1, 2020 Lunch – Chicken Noodle Soup. Dinner PPI Turkey Pot Pie with Steamed asparagus

 December 1, 2020 Lunch – Chicken Noodle Soup. Dinner PPI Turkey Pot Pie with Steamed asparagus

I started the morning with a bowl of granola, yogurt, milk, blueberries and ½ of a banana sliced.

In the morning I sold 80 shares of Apple for $122.26 and bought 200 shares of Square for $203.

Then I showered and attended a teleconference seminar on Business divorce, how to settle deadlocks and other corporate ending problems most effectively and with the best tax results.

At noon I made a chicken noodle soup with the remaining 1/3 lb. of breast, a bundle of fresh egg white noodles, two large white  mushrooms sliced, 1/8 of the orange bell pepper, the last bit of Napa cabbage, and a shallot minced simmered in a 2 quart pot filled ¾ full with water and a dash of sesame oil and Chinese Cooking wine.  I added about 1 tsp. of Knorr dehydrated chicken stock and 1 heaping T. of white miso, plus 4 oz. of firm tofu diced into small cubes. Finally I whisked an egg in a small bowl with ½ T. of soy and Chinese cooking wine and a dash of Aji mirin and stirred the egg mixture into pot while the soup was at a boil so the egg turned into a cloud rather than globules.   After the soup had boiled for about twenty minutes I thinly sliced three green onions.  I filled a bowl with noodles and other ingredients and garnished the soup with a handful of green onions and ate my delicious lunch.  There was enough left so I can eat it again.

     
 
At 2:00 I checked and my portfolio was up another 1.1% to another new all time high.

 Shahin came at 2:45 and we worked on several cases.  When Shahin departed at 4:00 I drove to the bank to deposit a check, this time by car.

As I left Suzette was arriving.  When I returned Suzette was in relaxation mode in front of the TV eating the last of the salted peanuts.

I asked about dinner and she said she had eaten a big lunch and was not hungry.  So I suggested heating the PPI Turkey Pot Pie and steaming some of the lovely thick asparagus I had bought at Sprouts on Friday and she agreed with a nod since she had called Harold, her ex. who was in the Dallas airport on his way to Mexico to get the number of Andy, an old friend who owns a cabin at Valle Escondido to see if it was available n December 21, which is the night of the Mars convergence I think.  Apparently, Harold is fine, but Andy is recovering from Covid 19 and the cabin was not available.  So I put the pie plate with the remaining pot pie into the microwave and snapped the ends off 12 asparagus and put them in the steamer with water and chilled a bottle of Touch Cotes Du Gascogne white in the freezer to chill.  In about fifteen minutes, when Suzette finished her calls, we turned on the heat under the asparagus and heated the pot pie in the microwave.  

I had made a snack of toasted French bread and Boursin cheese spread, and had poured out the last of the Trader Joe’s Cabernet Sauvignon. Suzette said she preferred red wine, so I poured her the last of the  Chianti.

We enjoyed our simple dinner as we watched the amazing news about a scheme to exchange a campaign contribution for a Presidential pardon. This is exactly the Type of crime for which the Constitution bases Impeachment, bribery. The kind of thing that will taint Trump’s entire presidency, if true.


 After dinner we watched another episode of The Great British Baking Show and I ate several biscochitos and drank a cup of tea.  

We went to bed a bit after 9:00.

Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment