Wednesday, December 9, 2020

December 9, 2020 Lunch – Eggs, Sausage, green onions, and Fried Potatoes. Dinner – New Recipe, LTL Sandwich

 December 9, 2020 Lunch – Eggs, Sausage, green onions, and Fried Potatoes. Dinner – New Recipe, LTL Sandwich  

This was a somewhat chaotic day. I did not shower and got started on making fruit salad that prevented me eating breakfast and then a new project that tied me up until 11:30 when a load of groceries was delivered that required me to sort and store groceries for ½ hour.  I ate a quick lunch of fried roasted potatoes, a sausage patty, and two eggs over easy that I ate with a cup of green tea.  I was still a little weak so after lunch I toasted two slices of banana nut bread and spread butter and orange marmalade on them and ate them with a cup of Earl Grey tea.




I worked in the afternoon until after 4:00 when I finally lay down for a nap until 6:00.  When I awakened Suzette was talking to her sister, so I went to the kitchen and ate pita chips and guacamole.

I decided to make a turkey sandwich for dinner or to heat the PPI Boeuf Bourguignon and potatoes.  When Suzette finished her call we decided to make turkey sandwiches but the turkey smelled bad, so we threw it out along with the uncooked oyster dressing from Thanksgiving.  Since I had toasted two slices of bread and spread them with cream cheese and sliced a tomato and thin slices of red onion Suzette suggested substituting Gravad Lax for the turkey.  That is what we did.  We toasted two more slices of bread and Suzette spread them with mayo and sliced a avocado and tore Butter lettuce leaves. We lay tomato slices on the cream cheese covered slice of bread and I sliced slices of Gravad Lax and lay them on the tomato and then slices of red onion and then we lay avocado on the other slice of mayo covered bread and them lettuce and then folded one side onto the other.  It was a heavenly sandwich. If we had substituted a bagel for the slices of bread it would have been the best bagal and Lax sandwich imaginable.

Instead it was a new sandwich, a Lax, lettuce and tomato sandwich. 


We drank the last 1/3 Bottle of Touch Cotes Du Gascogne White that went well with the sandwich.

We had two bananas that were turning brown, so we decided to make bananas foster.  I peeled and sliced the bananas and fetched the brown sugars down rum and Suzette fetched the Blue Bell vanilla ice cream from the garage.  Suzette then cooked the bananas in butter and brown sugar and then doused them with rum and served them over scoops of ice cream.  A wonderful dessert to end the day with.

We ordered 31 items from El Super and only 23 were delivered, but those items will carry us for another week or two: Spinach, leeks, celery, yellow and red onions, zucchini, papaya, oranges, sour cream, pork roast, tomatillos, cilantro, green onions, bananas, tomatoes, broccoli, avocados, and limes.

Today was a disaster in the market with the uncertainty with Brexit and the Covid relief bill in the Senate, the market tanked.  The NASDAQ where I have most of my money was down 2% by almost 250 points and accordingly my portfolio was down 1.7%.  

CBon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment