Monday, December 21, 2020

December 20, 2020 Brunch – Sautéed Pork Roast , Onion, Napa cabbage, and Refried Black Bean Burritos. Dinner – Sautéed Hamburgers, Cottage fried sweet and Russet Potatoes, and Steamed Broccoli

 December 20, 2020 Brunch – Sautéed Pork Roast , Onion, Napa cabbage, and Refried Black Bean Burritos. Dinner – Sautéed Hamburgers, Cottage fried sweet and Russet Potatoes, and Steamed Broccoli 

I woke up to enjoy Leicester beat Tottenham in PL play to hold 2d place.

I then watched the news shows and then made brunch for us.  I sautéed ¼ onion, two cloves of garlic, a cup of roasted pork ,  a cup of refried black beans and two whisked eggs  in a skillet.  When everything was hot I toasted a large flour tortilla and let Suzette fill the tortilla with the sautéed ingredients.  While I was sautéing Suzette went to the garage fridge and fetched a bottle of Clamato juice.  She made herself a Bloody Mary and poured me a glass of Clamato juice with the juice of ½ lime.

I then peeled and sliced ½ of the lovely large avocado Suzette selected at Albertsons yesterday. After Suzette filled her tortilla, I toasted a flour tortilla and filled it with the rest of the pork. 

After our lovely lunch I lay down for a nap until after 1:30 when I watched Dallas beat San Francisco  and then rode 5 miles South.

At 5:30 Suzette started cooking dinner. She mixed about 1 lb. ground beef with salt and pepper and formed hamburgers and sautéed them in a skillet with sliced mushrooms.  In another cast iron skillet Suzette sautéed sliced PPI yukon gold and sweet potatoes. And she steamed flowerets of broccoli in the steamer.  I fetched the catsup and a bottle of estate bottled 2010 Wellington Zinfandel from Sonoma County..








Suzette plated the plates and sliced the other half of avocado and we squirted catsup on our plates and ate a hardy dinner with an amazing wine.


Later Suzette and I ate bowls of ice cream for dessert and I had we were in bed by 8:30.

Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment