Sunday, December 27, 2020

December 27, 2020 Brunch – Bacon and fried eggs with Cottage Fries, Dinner – PPI Christmas dinner

 December 27, 2020 Brunch – Bacon and fried eggs with Cottage Fries, Dinner – PPI Christmas dinner

Today was very relaxing. I spent the morning watching English soccer and the news and the afternoon watching NFL football.

After the news ended at 10:00 I made breakfast.  Suzette had an upset stomach that she blamed on the omelet I made yesterday, so today I prepared one of her favorite breakfasts, Bacon and fried eggs with Cottage Fries.  I thinly sliced two Yukon Gold potatoes and fried them in about 2 T. each of heated olive oil and butter turning them occasionally until the potatoes took on color. I fried four slices of bacon until crisp and finally I fried three eggs over easy.


Suzette made a Bloody Mary and I drank a glass of Clamato with juice of 1/2 lime.

After lunch I napped and then at 2:30 we drove to Kit Carson Park and walked to the Bosque and walked around the two lakes, a distance of just over 1 mile.

When we returned home a watched the Cowboys beat Philadelphia and the we watched 60 Minutes. 

After 60 minutes I fetched the ceramic casserole with the leftover Cornish game hens, Roasted acorn squash filled with green peas, and fried rice with pecans, and onion.  Suzette poured out the rest of the bottle of Famille Bougerier Vouvray  and we had a fabulous dinner.  This time the meal was better because we were hungrier because we had not each also eaten 6 oysters on the half shell and four Oysters Rockefeller as we did on Christmas as appetizers.

To complete the meal Suzette brought the Pumpkin Bombe in for dessert and we each ate a slice of it.

It was a lovely brunch and dinner and a very relaxing day.  

I did have a snack of fruit cake and a Jot buttered rum when we returned home from our walk.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment