Monday, December 21, 2020

December 21, 2020 Lunch – a tomato and a Lax sandwich. Dinner – Grilled Lamb Riblets, Tzatziki, Tomato onion, and spinach Couscous



 December 21, 2020 Lunch – a tomato and a Lax sandwich. Dinner – Grilled Lamb Riblets, Tzatziki, Tomato onion, and spinach Couscous

I awakened at 6:45 and watched the news and market open and got bummed as it went down but did not sell anything.  By the end of the day the market recovered much of it losses and my portfolio ended up fractionally.

I ate tropical fruit, yogurt, milk, and granola for breakfast.

At 1:20 I became hungry and and sliced and toasted two slices of pumpkin seed bread.  On one I smeared cream cheese and added slices of Gravad Lax and onions.  On the other I spread mayo and added sliced tomato. I drank a cup of Earl Grey tea with the sandwiches, which reminded me of days in Sweden and Denmark as an exchange student.  Sandwiches are a main element of the Danish diet that students in Sweden had adopted when I lived there in 1970.

At 4:30 Suzette called from Costco to ask if we needed anything.  I requested Greek yogurt for tzatziki for dinner, baguettes to replenish our bread.  She also bought lemons, limes, and bibb lettuce.

We prepared dinner soon after Suzette arrived.  Suzette Grilled the rack of lamb and snapped and steamed the green beans.  I prepared the tabouli and tzatziki. 

Tzatziki 

I peeled and de-seeded and diced a cucumber and sprinkled salt on it.  I the squeezed the juice of ½ lemon onto the cucumber and added 1 ½ cups of Greek yogurt, three cloves f garlic squeezed, about ¼ cup of fresh chopped dill, 1 ½ T. of olive oil, and 1 oz. of chopped onion. I covered the tzatziki with Saran and put it into the fridge.

Tabouli

Almost every tabouli is a little different but always successful.  Tonight I diced the ½ tomato left from lunch, the last 3 oz.of red onion, and Suzette de-stemmed a partial bunch of spinach.  I sautéed the tomato and onion in a sauce pan in 3 oz. of butter and added 1 ¼ cup of Couscous and sautéed all three 

ingredients.  I heated 2 ½ cups of water in the tea kettle and added 2 cups of boiling water to the sauce pan and then added the spinach and lidded the sauce pan.  I turned the heat down from medium high to the lowest temperature and let the Couscous cook for several minutes.  We started the green beans steaming when Suzette thought the lamb was 10 minutes from being done.

I then checked the Couscous.  It had puffed but still wet, so I left the low heat on it for a couple more 

minutes and then tossed the Couscous with a fork to fluff it and turned it off to let it steam. 

We fetched the mint jelly and tzatziki and put them on the table and poured glasses of leftover red wine.  I sliced the riblets into chops and we served ourselves Couscous, lay a couple of lamb chops on the Couscous and lay a small pile of green beans on our plate.

  We added tzatziki and mint jelly to our plates and ate a terrific meal.

 After dinner a ate a slice of fruitcake with a cup of tea.

We watched the Antiques Roadshow and Suzette went to bed a bit after 8:00. I stayed up to blog.

Bon Appetit



 


No comments:

Post a Comment