Sunday, November 10, 2019

November 7, 2019 Lunch – Cocina Amada at Left Turn Distillery. Dinner – Roasted Pork Tender, Onions, and Apple and Catalan Spinach

November 7, 2019 Lunch – Cocina Amada at Left Turn Distillery.  Dinner – Roasted Pork Tender, Onions, and Apple and Catalan Spinach

I ate granola, yogurt, and tropical al fruit salad for breakfast.

Suzette removed a pork tenderloin from the freezer.

I worked until 1:45 when I received a message from  Brian at Left Turn Distillery that he needed a signed document.  So, I drove there, stopping at Pastian’s Bakery to buy a bag of bischochitos.  I decided to eat lunch at Left Turn Distillery that has a in premises restaurant named Cocina Amado.  I talked to the chef and he said he had just made ceviche so I ordered that and a chili con queso.Both wereserved with corn chips.  I tried an orange flavored apple cider that was very pleasing so ordered a pint of that also.







I enjoyed both the ceviche and chili con queso and the cider.  The cost of the three items was $19.00.  Pretty expensive for two appetizers and a drink unless you think of it as a drinking lunch. Then it was a pleasant diversion with a really delicious cider.

I then drove to Codtco for gas and did a bit of shopping that got out of control pretty fast.  I bought lots of my favorites, Belgium chocolates, fruitcake, xerox paper, two bottles of Primus red blend, a bottle of Mohua New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, Spinach, piñon nuts, Boursin cheese spread, Pecorino Romano cheese, and brownie mix.

I returned home at 4:30 and unloaded the car and then drove to meditation at 4:45.

When I returned home at 6:00 I told Suzette that I had bought spinach and piñon nuts, so we could prepare Catalan Spinach with the Roasted Pork, apple, and onion tapas from Jose Andres’ Tapa Cookbook.

I de-stemmed spinach until Shahin arrived at 6:30 to work on a project.  When we finished at 7:30 I invited Shahin to join us for dinner.  Willy soon arrived.  We have cooked this meal many times.  You slice an apple and an onion into thin slices and sauté them in a skillet with olive until translucent then you add sections of pork tender loin and sprigs of fresh oregano and roast it in the oven for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees on a convection setting.  Then you add ½ cup of chicken stock and after that reduces you add some apple brandy and then light it on fire.

The Catalan Spinach is even easier, you toast piñon nuts and then add to the skillet raisins and a cubed apple and cover to steam the spinach.




I opened a bottle of Fleure de Tricacel, a French rose I bought at a Trader Joe’s for $7.99. Willy and Shahin drank mint tea with dinner and I drank a couple of cups after dinner.

Shahin told us about traveling in Afghanistan and Iran, where he grew up. He lived in Kabul for two years.

I served biscochitos for dessert with mint tea.

Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment