Wednesday, November 6, 2019

November 5, 2019 Lunch – PPI Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas and avocado crema. Dinner – Caesar Salad and PPI Pasta and Spaghetti Sauce

November 5, 2019 Lunch – PPI Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas and avocado crema.  Dinner – Caesar Salad and PPI Pasta and Spaghetti Sauce

Another interesting day.  Today again I ate no breakfast.  Aaron came by to draft a document at 10:30, so at 11:30 when we finished it, I suggested we eat lunch and he accepted.  I cut blocks of PPI green chili chicken enchiladas and heated them in the microwave. While they cooked I made an avocado crema by mixing an avocado with crema.

We drank water with lunch.

At 4:45 I became hungry, so I toasted two slices of rye bread and smeared crema on them and then lay the last slices of Vita pickled herring and onions on them and ate them with water.

I have overcome the tiredness I felt a few months ago that made me want to nap in the afternoon.  Also, I thought the missing breakfast would diminish my stamina to ride my bike in the afternoon, but it has not. Although I am eating at 11:30 to noon and waiting to ride until 3:30 to 4:00, so my body is rejuvenating after lunch.

I picked up Willy at 5:15 at the airport and drove him home.  I then drove home and prepared dinner.  I made a sort of Caesar Salad with torn red leaf lettuce, a tomato diced, thin slices of red onion, some pieces of Pecorino Romano cheese, ¼ of a cucumber diced, and several anchovies.

Then I heated the last of the pasta layered with about 2 oz. of finely diced Monterrey Jack cheese and covered with the PPI tomato, beef, and mushroom sauce we made last week  I shaved some Pecorino-Romano cheese onto the top of the dish and poured a glass of Aquino Red Chianti Reserva (Trader Joe’s $5.99).



By 7:30 Suzette was through the worst of of her prep for her colonoscopy and had decanted all that was in her bowels and had gone to bed.  I followed her to bed at around 9:30.

Again, I am amazed by my body.  The recovery of my body is still proceeding, the pain is diminishing, and my stamina is still increasing. I am eating less and able to maintain a reasonable level of exercise without tiring as I did just a month ago.

The stock market has been on a huge upswing for the last 12 days with gains on 10 of those days.  I have taken my mandatory distributions for this year and will use them to pay down debt.

I will try again tomorrow to reach a final agreement with the new potential tenant. Perhaps we can take rent payments in Whiskey.

Billy called to let me know he had returned from his group tour to Spain.  We talked for a few minutes, but I cut it off because he had gotten a cold and I said we would talk this weekend. I shall ask if he kept a journal, so I can read his contemporary comments.

Bon Appetit







No comments:

Post a Comment