Tuesday, November 12, 2019

November 12, 2019 Lunch – Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas. Dinner at the Palmer’s Baked Ham, Pinto Beans, boiled Green beans, Roasted Vegetables, and baked Sweet Potatoes


This was an easy day of work and a full day of food.

It started with fruit salad, granola, and yogurt at 8:00.



Then at 1:00 when I returned home from a meeting with the City Planning Department and the bank and the Taxation and Revenue Department, I heated the last of the Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas with extra green enchilada sauce and grated cheese for a hearty lunch.


The Taxation and Revenue Department experience was wonderful.  Yesterday I called because I owed a small penalty for a late filing of $7.05.  I spoke to Miss Twitty, who had corrected an earlier incorrect assessment.  She told me the $7.05 had not been paid and then told me that I was due $3,018.45 for an overpayment of income tax.  So after my meeting at the City, I drove to Taxation and Revenue and paid the $7.05 and filled in the form for the refund.  Being responsible and paying my debt sure worked out well this time.

I rested from 4:00 until 5:00 and then put the three large sweet potatoes into the oven at 350 degrees.
I then filled a ceramic casserole with olive oil spread on the bottom with a diced red onion, a lb. of Brussels Sprouts with their ends cut off and halved, ½ yellow bell pepper diced, 2 small heads of garlic peeled and sectioned into individual cloves, and  ½ of a head of cauliflower sectioned into bite sized flowereTs.  Suzette arrived while I was dicing vegetables and took over and tossed the vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper and covered the casserole with aluminum foil and baked the vegetables with the sweet potatoes.


At 7:00 we took the Sweet Potatoes and Roasted Vegetables and a bottle of Benton Lane Rose to the Palmer’s.  Susan has baked a ham and was boiling fresh corn on the Cobb and had made green beans, rice, and pinto beans for dinner.  We talked and nibbled appetizers of nuts, Julia Child’s cheese biscuits, and hummus with baby carrots for a while and then when everything was ready we put all the dishes on the buffet surface and served ourselves buffet style.  It was Charlie’s birthday.  It turns out I am four months older than him. We had a lovely almost Thanksgiving meal.

After dinner Susan made tea and served slices of delicious pumpkin mousse cake with a crunchy praline pecan encrusted pastry crust and whipped cream on top for a perfect ending to a lovely meal.  The cake was made at Flying Star.

We left at 9:00 and went home to pack and shower and make some Gravad Lax sandwiches for out flight tomorrow.

A big food day.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment