Monday, November 25, 2019

November 25, 2019 Lunch – PPI Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables. Dinner – Cassarecce Pasta and Spaghetti Sauce with Sautéed Italian Sausage, Onion, Mushrooms, zucchini, and fresh Tomatoes

November 25, 2019 Lunch – PPI Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables. Dinner –  Cassarecce Pasta and Spaghetti Sauce with Sautéed Italian Sausage, Onion, Mushrooms, zucchini, and fresh Tomatoes

Today I created a dish for dinner out of available ingredients.  Usually it is Suzette who creates the dishes for dinner out of available ingredients, so I was proud of myself.

I ate my usual breakfast of granola, tropical fruit, and yogurt.

I was hungry early so at 11:00 I threw a handful of cauliflower and broccoli flowerets into the PPI fried tofu and mixed vegetables left from last Friday’s lunch at East Ocean.

It was delicious.  I ate a brownie after lunch.

I made an agreement with Chapado to have my leaking roof fixed today and they started work in the afternoon but ran into an unexplained problem.  Tomorrow I will find out when Chapado returns. I could not understand the Spanish of the workman.

I went to a doctor’s appointment and then to Trader Joe’s, where I bought Belgium milk chocolate with almonds, a French baguette, a ½ lb. round of Camembert and another small round of a French cheese.  I also bought thirteen bottles of wine and two bottles of cognac, including 6 bottles of 2011 Origon Spanish Gran Reserva from Terra Alta, several Aquino Chianti reserva, a La Gitana Verdejo/virus blend, a 2019 Deboeuf Nouveau Beaujolais, an Emma Reichart Riesling and Rose, and a Chateau Roudier.

I then went home.  Willy appeared around 4:00 and I offered him some wine and cheese.  Suzette soon followed. I opened a bottle of Charles Shaw organic California Pinot Noir and served Iberico, brie, and Cambozola with toasted and buttered pieces of French baguette.

At 5:00 I told Suzette that I had an idea for dinner, to combine the Italian sausages with the PPI spaghetti sauce, onion, a zucchini, mushrooms, and tomatoes to make a new improved spaghetti sauce and eat it with pasta.

Suzette approved so I diced ½ onion, three cloves of garlic, three mushrooms, and a zucchini and sautéed them in olive oil in a sauce pan.  I removed the skin from three Italian sweet sausages and we sautéed them in olive oil also.  I then added the two cups of PPI spaghetti sauce and 7 oz. of tomato sauce to the vegetables and diced three vine ripened ripe tomatoes and added them to the pot along with the sautéed sausages and a handful of Moroccan dried black olives.  Suzette brought a large pot of water to a boil and added about 2/3 lb. of cassarecce pasta to the boiling water.  After about fifteen minutes the pasta was ready.  Suzette drained the pasta and added the spaghetti sauce to the drained pasta and stirred it to mix the pasta and sauce together, while I shaved slices of Pecorino-Romano cheese.  Suzette poured the mountain of pasta and spaghetti sauce into a large serving bowl and added the shaved cheese.




 I opened and poured the 2019 Nouveau Beaujolais.  It was incredibly fruity, like fresh grape juice.  We both found it interesting and a clean tasting wine.  The nouveau Beaujolais is released on the same day all over the world.  The release date wasNovember 21 this year.  It is usually the first 2019 wine released and tasting it is a worldwide event.





After dinner I drank a Calvados and ate two Belgium chocolates.

If Thanksgiving was not a designated menu we would have enough pasta and sausage sauce to serve the six people we are expecting.

Bon Appetit


.




No comments:

Post a Comment