Saturday, November 23, 2019

November 23, 2019 Lunch – Azuma

November 23, 2019 Lunch – Azuma

I ate a bagel with goat cheese, sweet onion, and Lax on a toasted bagel.



Dan came at 11:00 and photographed the Karl Benjamin painting. We then talked for a while drinking cups of hot water with sweet lime and sugar.  He told me about his life growing up on Lake Minnetonka, Minn., sailing in summer and ice sailing in winter.

Dan left a bit after noon when Suzette came home.  We decided to go to lunch.  I wanted sushi and Suzette agreed to split a Chirashi Donburi at Azuma, so we drove there.  I ordered Chirashi, which is raw fish (Sashimi) on a bed of sushi rice.  I always order the same assortment of 12 pieces, salmon, Aji Tuna, octopus (cooked), yellowtail (Amber Jack), and ultra white.

Here is picture.

The complementary bowl of miso soup served as an appetizer course before the Chirashi was particularly delicious today.

Suzette ordered a caterpillar roll stuffed with unagi (BBQ sea eel) with avocado and the special sauce.

I drank green tea and Suzette drank water.  I cut the large slices into six or seven small pieces and relish each bite as I dip the fish into a small bowl of wasabi mixed with soy sauce and eat each with a piece of pickled ginger.

I took me over an hour to each my ½ of the Chirashi and the three pieces of caterpillar roll.

We stopped at Lowe’s on our way home to buy some Thanksgiving specials.  We bought string beans for Willy, cream cheese for me, sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, bananas, and celery, all sale items. They were out of sausage, so we will need to return.

When we returned home Suzette rested and I ate a piece of brownie and then rode the short 4 mile loop, which made me feel much better.  Moderate exercise is beginning to make me feel better, rather than making me sore.  How wonderful.  I will try to exercise again tomorrow.

After the big late high protein lunch at Azuma, neither of us were hungry for dinner.

We showered and dressed and shared a bag of popcorn and then went to the Kris Kristofferson concert at Kiva Auditorium.  He has almost completely lost his voice, but it was fun to hear him sing some of his and Merle Haggard’s songs.  He is touring with Merle’s band.

I kept thinking about Steve Bruton, who I knew in Fort Worth and was a year or two younger than me who played in Kristofferson’s band for many years, until his untimely death from cancer.

We returned home and watched a bit of SNL and then went to bed in our newly refurbished bed with a new 3 inch thick egg shell foam mat.
It does not bunch out of shape like feather bed we used to sleep on or prick us with feather quills.

We went to bed a bit earlier than usual.

Bon Appetit









No comments:

Post a Comment