Sunday, November 24, 2019

November 24, 2019 Brunch – Bacon Egg, and Potato Burritos. Dinner – Sautéed Bratwursts with a Quince Glaze and onions on Creamed Parsnips with Steamed Cauliflower and Broccoli

November 24, 2019 Brunch – Bacon Egg, and Potato Burritos. Dinner – Sautéed Bratwursts with a Quince Glaze and onions on Creamed Parsnips with Steamed Cauliflower and Broccoli

This was a lazy day with an all Pork menu.  I watched the news programs and then we started watching a great match between Sheffield United and Manchester United.

Suzette and I started cooking at 9:45.  I fried six slices of thick bacon and chopped 3 or 4 oz. of red onion, a baked potato, and two green chilis.  Suzette sautéed the onion and then i added the green chili and a bit later we sautéed the potato slices in a separate skillet until they were golden brown.  We made guacamole. Suzette removed the three avocados’ meat to a bowl and I added two T. of red onion, two cloves of garlic pressed, and the juice of ½ lime.  Suzette stirred and added salt to complete the prep.

I chopped the bacon and added it to the skillet and then Suzette added three or four whisked eggs to the skillet.  I shredded Monterrey jack cheese and Suzette added some to the skillet.  Suzette heated flour tortillas and we made our own burritos.  As I made my burrito Willy arrived just in time to join us for brunch.







Suzette made a Bloody Mary and I drank a glass of Clamato juice with the juice of ½ lime..  Willy made himself a mug of Earl Grey tea.

After brunch we watched the end of the match which became very exciting when Sheffield scored to bring the score to 3-3 in overtime.

Willy and Suzette left to visit the building and I rested. I was supposed to have an appointment with a client but they rescheduled to Tuesday, so at 1:30 I rode to Rio Bravo.

I am building up my strength still.  It seems that when I stop exercising for a week as I did when we visited PA last week it takes a few days to build up my strength and dispel the pain in my joints.  For example, I walked ten blocks on Friday night.  I rode 4 miles on Saturday and today I rode 10 miles and the pain seems to be gone.

                                             Looking north on the bike path  from Rio Bravo

When I returned home Suzette had returned from shopping at Costco.  I ate a slice of the apple and Quince tart Suzette made on Friday morning covered with whipped cream with scup of tea.


I then  rested and watched the Cowboys lose to the Patriots in a snow storm in Boston.  We then watched 60 Minutes and then made dinner.

Suzette made a lovely new preparation for the brats.  Schedule boiled them in quince syrup and when that evaporated she added 3 T. of butter and ½ cup of sliced onion and sautéed them until they were browned.  I removed the flowerets from a stalk of broccoli and ½ of a head of cauliflower and Suzette steamed them.

I poured glasses of 4% fermented effervescent French Apple cider and fetched the Grey Poupon mustard, Long’s horseradish, and mayo.

Suzette plated the glazed brats with onions layer on a pile of creamed parsnips and steamed vegetables.  We each mixed our dipping sauce made of mayo, mustard, and horseradish..

The brat with onions and glaze in the skillet


We had a great meal as we watched a PBS documentary on Britain’s MI6.

After dinner I ate a square of brownie with a cup of earl grey tea.

We got in bed to watch a Masterpiece Theatre mini movie called Chaparone set in 1922 New York starring Elizabeth McGowern.

I left before it was finished to blog.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment