Friday, November 29, 2019

November 29, 2019 Lunch – Turkey and Dressing with gravy. Dinner – Oyster Stew

November 29, 2019 Lunch – Turkey and Dressing with gravy. Dinner – Oyster Stew

I realized I overate yesterday so for breakfast I ate granola, yogurt, and tropical fruit salad.

At lunch I ate PPI turkey, dressing, and gravy.

I went to the bank after lunch and when I came home I drank a hot chocolate.

I had loose bowels during the afternoon. At 5:00 I ate the last slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Suzette napped until 6:00

We had about a dozen fresh oysters left from last night’s meal, so we decided to make oyster stew.

Suzette found a recipe that called for shallot and celery.  I diced 3 T. of shallot, one cup of celery, and 1 tsp. of fresh thyme.

Suzette sautéed the celery, thyme and shallot in 4 oz., one stick of butter, until tender.  She then added 2 cups of half and half and 2 cups of milk. When the milk came to a simmer she added the oysters.

When the oysters’ edges curled she served bowls of soup with crackers.

She PPI champagne and I drank the PPI Benton Lane Pinot Gris.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment