Thursday, January 31, 2019

January 30, 2019 Lunch – PPI Miso Noodle Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops, Roasted Brussel Sprouts with red onion, and Pinon nuts and Beans

January 30, 2019 Lunch – PPI Miso Noodle  Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops, Roasted Brussel Sprouts with red onion, and Pinon nuts and Beans

I awakened at 6:00 and showered and dressed.  I went to Tricore Labs at 7:30 for blood work.

When I returned home around 8:30 I ate granola, blueberries, milk, and yogurt.

I watched the Market in amazement as Apple soared up $10.00 at one point and took a lot of other stocks with it except for AT&T, which ended down $1.33 after losing over 600,000 dish subscribers.

It looks like the December correction has ended.  In fact, this is the strongest January rise in 30 years.  But in my case down 20% in December and up 15% in January is not anything I am ready to cheer about.

I picked Billy and Elaine up at the airport at 2:00.  After dropping their bags at home, we drove to El Super to shop.  I had not shopped in over a week and I took advantage of the discounts on produce.  I bought oranges, mangos, a papaya, and a pineapple for another batch of tropical fruit salad.

I also bought radishes, cilantro, red and yellow onions, blue corn tortillas, a block of mozzarella cheese, requeson, and crema.

We then drove to Sprouts and while Billy read in the car, Elaine and I shopped.  We bought three types of corn chips, blueberries, 18 eggs, and 2 lb. of green beans.


I stopped at Donut Mart on the way home and bought three bagels and cream cheese.

When we got home at around 5:00 Suzette was there and since Billy and Elaine had not eaten lunch, we decided to cook dinner.

The Brussels Sprouts and Beans were already cooked, so the only thing needed was the grilling of the lamb chops.

I talked to Billy about the wine and we decided to try the Origon Gran Reserva.  Billy had the same reaction as Suzette, that the Syrah made the wine unduly heavy. Billy said, “I prefer a 100% Tempranillo.”









Dinner was lovely and the substitution of beans for potatoes met Billy and Elaine’s wishes.  Suzette explained that the beans were grown in Moriarty and there was a mixture of three beans, pintos, bolitos, and Anasazi.  Everyone liked the beans and Billy and Elaine and I went back for seconds.

Billy and Elaine had gotten up st 4:00 to make their flight, so everyone was tired and we were all in bed by 8:30.

Bon Appetit







No comments:

Post a Comment