Thursday, January 3, 2019

January 2, 2019 Lunch – Fish Soup. Dinner – PPI Bobby Flay Chicken, Asparagus, and Mashed Potatoes

January 2, 2019 Lunch – Fish Soup. Dinner – PPI Bobby Flay Chicken, Asparagus, and Mashed Potatoes

I ate granola, fruit salad, yogurt, and milk for breakfast.  At 10:30 I became hungry again so toasted a piece of nine grain bread and spread peanut butter and honey on it and covered the top with slices of banana.

At noon Suzette made fish soup using the fish stock from Christmas and adding white wine, baby shrimp, salmon pieces, and diced scallops.  It was easy to make, filling and nutritious.  I drank a sip or two of Tuatea New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (Trader Joe’s $7.99), but still have not regained my taste for wine.

She also brought in a package of country style pork ribs from the freezer open the garage to thaw.  Looks like we will be eating BBQ ‘d ribs in the near future.

After lunch we drove to the banks, then Southwest Foods, Costco, and Sprouts for food shopping for the Center.  At Costco we bought mushrooms, spinach, beer, and paper towels for our house.  At Sprouts, Suzette bought an eggplant for our house while I waited in the car.

We then drove to Pres’ medical center in Rio Rancho for an appointment regarding my right hip.  They took x-rays and we met with Dr. Burk, who showed me the deterioration of the joint from arthritis in the last few years.  I was relieved to hear that the joint had not suffered any structural damage from my fall.  Dr. Burk ordered physical therapy and gave me the axiom, “the need for surgery is determined by the pain you feel”.  Since I rarely feel only alittle pain his suggestion of exercise to build the muscles to protect the joint came as welcome news. We drove home around 4:00.

Todd was coming at 5:40 to meditate so Suzette heated plates with a piece of PPI Bobby Flay Chicken, a dab of the PPI mashed russet and sweet potatoes she made yesterday and several PPI steamed asparagus in the microwave, for an instant dinner.   After dinner I drank a cup of chai and ate a ginger cookie and a Danish butter cookie and then after mediation I ate a bowl of butter pecan ice cream with chocolate syrup and rum.

Todd arrived at 5:40 and we meditated until 6:15.  Then we were called by Davida and she and Josefo arrived at 8:00 from Santa Fe for a visit until 9:45.

I then joined Suzette in bed.

I awakened at 3:00 and wrote this blog entry and went back to sleep.

My body and bowel functions are returning to normal.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment