Tuesday, January 15, 2019

January 15, 2019. Lunch – Sashimi and seafood salads. Dinner – PPI Grilled Rack of Lamb, Steamed Asparagus, and PPI Roasted Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, and Onions

January 15, 2019. Lunch – Sashimi and seafood salads. Dinner – PPI Grilled Rack of Lamb, Steamed Asparagus, and PPI Roasted Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, and Onions

I started the day with a bowl of granola, the last of the blueberries, milk, and yogurt.

For lunch I made a large plate of Sashimi with the leftover seafood and salads from last night’s meal. I can not begin to describe how delicious it was, especially since it felt like I was eating a wonderful free meal after three of us ate a huge amount of Sashimi last night.  And there is enough left for another meal.



At 4:00 I walked to the Country Club and one extra block to make a circle.  I feel like I am ready to ride my bike as soon as we get a sunny day on which the temperature is above 50 degrees.

When I returned I found that the Market had rallied toward the end of the day on news that a China was taking steps to stimulate its economy.

I am half way back from the January 3rd low to where I started last year, but still a long way to go.  The biggest help would be a positive earnings report by Apple.

I made a cup of tea at 5:00 and ate a toasted buttered piece of bread on which I spread chopped chicken liver.

Suzette came home a bit after 6:30 and we decided to not make neat loaf. Instead we opted for a ten minute prep for dinner of sautéed PPI lamb chops, PPI Roasted potatoes and Brussels Sprouts, and steamed Asparagus.

I poured the last 1/3 of the bottle of Aquino Chianti Reserva we had opened Saturday evening for hamburgers.

One of the things a love about having PPIs is they can quickly be re-heated to create a delicious hot meal.  Many of them taste better after sitting for a few days.


We each ate bowls of blueberry Clafoutis after dinner.  I added whipped cream and powdered sugar to mine because the blueberries and the Clafoutis were not sweet.  The Clafoutis greatly improved from sitting for a few days.  It seemed like some of the moisture in the blueberries flowed out of the Clafoutis leaving a denser more toothsome texture.

The last bit of blueberry Clafoutis 

At 8:30 we were ready for bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment