Friday, December 7, 2018

December 7, 2018 Lunch – PPI Miso Chicken Noodle Soup with Vegetables. Dinner – BBQ Chicken with PPI Ratatouille and a Baked Potato

December 7, 2018 Lunch – PPI Miso Chicken Noodle Soup with Vegetables. Dinner – BBQ Chicken with PPI Ratatouille and a Baked Potato

I did not eat ant breakfast, so at 10:30 I decided to heat up the
PPI Miso Chicken Noodle Soup.  As I heated it I noticed that Suzette had left the vegetables from the vegetable broth we made recently on the stove.  Not wanting to waste anything and wishing to add variety and vegetables to the soup, I ladled a couple of large spoonfuls of vegetables into my reconstituted soup.  I also added a chicken thigh and cooked it and then cubed it to add more chicken and chicken flavor to the soup.  I had added water and when I tasted the broth it tasted a bit watery, so I also added another heaping T. of red miso.  The soup was delicious although instead of Miso soup, it had become more of a chicken Vegetable soup.  I ate two bowls and still had a lot of soup left that went back into the fridge for another lunch.

I had bought five thighs yesterday at El Super for $.79/lb.  During the afternoon I called Suzette and asked her if she wanted to make Bobby Flay Chicken and she said, No. We decided I would make BBQ chicken.  I fetched the Masterpiece BBQ sauce from the fridge, lay the four thighs in a Pyrex 9x9 baking dish and coated both sides of the chicken with BBQ Sauce. I covered the dish with aluminum foil and cooked the thighs in a 350 degree oven on the convection setting for about two hours.  Suzette called at 6:00 and suggested that I bake potatoes in the oven with the chicken, which I did.

Suzette arrived around 6:45 and Willy called soon after and we invited him for dinner.  When Willy arrived we heated the PPI Ratatouille and Couscous and we served ourselves chicken, a baked potato, and Ratatouille.  Willy fetched beers for Suzette and me and we ate a hearty meal.  The chicken was so tender it fell off the bone .   I learned tonight that slow cooking for a long time is the secret to good BBQ, even in an oven.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment