Sunday, December 16, 2018

December 15, 2018 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with Pork. Dinner – Bernardo and Lorraine’s Christmas Party

December 15, 2018 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with Pork. Dinner – Bernardo and Lorraine’s Christmas Party

Suzette made a Sausage and PPI Artichoke Tapa egg dish for breakfast.


That held me until almost 3:00 when I made a pot of Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with dashi, a pho seasoning cube, rice, wheat, and mung bean noodles, roast pork, spinach, green beans, and red miso.



I enjoyed three bowls of it.

Then a 5:45 we drove to Los Lunas with the treasure chest Suzette had filled with jewelry and cash for the person who held the lucky key that opened the chest among her employees, each of whom had received a key with their last pay check.

There was an open bar and Bernardo’s family members had prepared albondigas, tamales, desserts, like chocolate fudge and Christmas cookies and a neighbor prepared a red chili casserole, a green chili casserole, delicious Mexican rice, and beans.  Bernardo and I went through the line first to let folks know the food was ready to eat.  I chose the red chili casserole, albondigas (beef meatballs), a pork tamale, rice, and beans, chopped lettuce and tomato garnish.  This is the standard celebratory meal in rural New Mexico, except for the meatballs, which are special.








The key that opened the treasure chest


Bernardo our host eating dinner 


The Christmas Party was held in a Hall next to the Village Hall that was decorated lavishly for the party with lights and streamers. The atmosphere was very gay with cowboy music .  Towards the end Santa showed up and everyone sat on his lap for a picture.  I was great to see a 300 lb. man squatting on Santa’s knee.

Tickets were distributed for drawings for gifts.  Suzette got a spa set and I won a large tent.  I now must get my hip fixed so I can go camping.

We left around 10:00.

It was very gracious of Bernardo and Lorraine to host a Christmas party and invite all the staff of the Center.

I loved the real New Mexican food.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment