Tuesday, December 4, 2018

December 3, 2018 Lunch – PPI Turkey Soup. Dinner- Sautéed Smoked Pork Chop, Baked Sweet Potatoes, and Sauerkraut

December 3, 2018 Lunch – PPI Turkey Soup.  Dinner- Sautéed Smoked Pork Chop, Baked Sweet Potatoes, and Sauerkraut

I started today by making a steak, mushroom, shallot, and Manchego cheese omelet.



For lunch I heated the PPI Turkey Soup with the addition of rice and green beans.



At 2:15 i went with Willy to Home Depot and bought him a small microwave for his new apartment.  Happy Chanukah!

The market started to recover a bit of ground from the awful self inflicted damage caused by Trump’s
Trade war with China.  Maybe he finally got the message that no one wins a trade war.

When we returned home Willy left to run in the Bosque and I walked to Kit Carson Park and then along the park to the country club and then back home at 4:00, about a mile.  This is the farthest I have walked without pain since October 2. I think I am making progress in my recovery from my European trip difficulties.  When I returned I celebrated by making a hot buttered rum toddy with 1 tsp. of butter, rum, 1 heaping tsp. of light brown sugar, and hot water.

Suzette arrived at around 5:00 and we snacked on pistachios and I ate two onion and cheese sandwiches and one pickled Herring sandwich (sliced and toasted whole wheat baguette smeared with sour cream and garnished with slices of red onion and pickled herring for the herring sandwich and butter slices of red onion and Jarlsberg cheese for the cheese open faced sandwiches).


I have found the best value on Pickled herring in Albuquerque to be $7.50 for a 32 oz. bottle at Walmart.  Who knew?

At 6:30 Suzette put together a simple dinner by sautéing two smoked pork chops, a sliced sweet potato, and some sauerkraut (organic sauerkraut bought at Costco), which we served in a pasta bowl and ate with a beer.








After dinner we each ate vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. I added maraschino cherries and rum to mine.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment