Thursday, December 6, 2018

December 6, 2018 Lunch – AmerAsia. Dinner – Tanoan CC

December 6, 2018 Lunch – AmerAsia. Dinner – Tanoan CC

I ate yogurt, granola, milk, banana, and grapes for breakfast.

Aaron came by at 11:30 and drove us to AmerAsia for Chinese DimSum for lunch.  We each picked our favorite dish, for Aaron – rice with spicy pork; for me BBQ and sweet bean paste filled steamed buns.  We shared peanut, chicken, and water chestnut filled steamed dumplings wrapped inside a rice flour skin and steamed pork dumplings formed with a wheat wrapper.  We dipped everything in liberal amounts of soy mixed with a hot chili sauce.  It was a lovely meal and very filling for me.  The owner steamed my second steamed bun to warm it and soften its outer shell for me and gave us fried dough covered with powdered sugar for dessert.  I highly recommend AmerAsia.

At 3:00 I drove to El Super to buy milk.  I also bought a pineapple, a papaya, four altafaulo mangoes, a head of cabbage for our Sunday duck dinner, two green avocados, yellow onions, green onions, chicken thighs, ginger root, oranges, and chocolate wafer cookies.

When I returned home at 4:30 I made a cup of coffee hot chocolate with a dash of rum.  It was very delicious and satisfied my growing hunger and warmed me as the sun set

This evening I attended the last supper and meeting of the New Mexico Association of community care with Suzette, who was one of its founding members thirty years ago and a recipient of a donation to her non-profit corporation.  My casual observation is that it was essentially a networking association for health related service providers’ marketing representatives.  It was held at Tanoan CC.  We were served buffet style, salad with raspberry dressing mixed rice cooked with apricots and cranberries, baked salmon filets, beef tenderloin, mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, cheesecake, red velvet cake, and fruit.  It was a lovely meal.  There was a paid bar.  

We came home and I made another coffee hot Chocolate with rum and watched the news with Suzette as she sipped a cognac.

We went to bed a bit after 9:00.

Bon Appetit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment