Thursday, December 13, 2018

December 13, 2018 Lunch – Duck Salad. Dinner – PPI Sautéed Duck Breast, Red Cabbage and Brussels Sprouts, Provençal Scallops and steamed Green Beans and Rice

December 13, 2018 Lunch – Duck Salad. Dinner – PPI Sautéed Duck Breast, Red Cabbage and Brussels Sprouts, Provençal Scallops and steamed Green Beans and Rice










I fried two pieces of sausage and two eggs and ate them with a piece of toast smeared with orange marmalade with a cup of chai.

That held me until 1:30 when I made a duck salad with the rest of the red leaf lettuce, a diced vine ripened tomato, 1/3 of a cucumber, a couple of slices of Gruyere cheese, two green onions sliced thinly, and dressed with Caesar dressing.  I toasted a slice of nine grain bread and melted slices of Gruyere cheese onto it.

I made a snack of an open face sandwich with butter, onion, cheese, and a slice of liverwurst at 6:00 with a cup of chai.

Suzette arrived at 7:25 hungry.  We decided to eat PPIs.  We heated the Provençal Scallops with rice in the microwave, Suzette sautéed the slices of duck breast I sliced with the PPI red cabbage and Brussels sprouts, and I steamed the green beans I snapped yesterday.

We drank the rest of the White Famille Perrin Reserve Cotes Du Rhone (Trader Joe’s $8.99)  with the scallops and I then opened a bottle of Cherry Blossom Pinot Noir (Trader Joe’s $4.99) to drink with the duck breast and cabbage.

After our small dinner we went crazy eating desserts.  I ate Brie cheese on buttered toast with sips of Pinot Noir, then Suzette heated some pistachios. Then Suzette made bananas foster with crushed ginger snaps instead of brown sugar and flambeed it with rum and served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a ginger snap cookie.

Then I opened the bar of chocolate with orange peel, Luke gave me for Christmas and we ate that.

Finally I got in bed at 8:35 and started blogging.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment