Wednesday, December 12, 2018

December 12, 2018 An All New Mexican Food Day. Lunch – PPI Posole , Red Chili, and a Cheese and Onion Quesadilla. Dinner – Posole, Red Chili and Enchilada Casserole

December 12, 2018 An All New Mexican Food Day. Lunch – PPI Posole , Red Chili, and a Cheese and Onion Quesadilla. Dinner – Posole, Red Chili and Enchilada Casserole

I ate yogurt, milk, granola, blueberries, and sliced banana for breakfast.

I went with Luke to MVD Express to transfer title for the Highlander from Luke to me as a gift.

He wanted to shop at Whole Foods for a few items for his road trip to LA, I wandered as Luke shopped and made my way to the cheese department.  There was no Leyden, but the first offering for the 12 days of cheese to celebrate Christmas today was a truffled Gouda.  It tasted delicious and I bought a ½ lb. wedge.  I also bought an herbed Spanish goat cheese, and 1/2 lb. of Real Serrano ham for the tapa we will make for the Neighborhood Christmas Party Friday night.

When we returned home, we heated the Posole and red chili.  Luke seemed to particularly like the red chili because he participated in making it.  I also made a quesadilla by frying slices of potato, and onion and then two blue corn tortillas and placing the slices of cheddar cheese, onion, and potato between the two tortillas and sautéing the tortillas until the cheese melted.


After lunch, I said goodbye to Luke at noon and worked until 2:30, when I decided to ride due to wind warnings for later in the afternoon and evening.  I rode south  to Marquez and turned around and rode to Central and back home, a distance of about 4 miles.  After my cortisone shot in my hip yesterday I was feeling much better and actually could push on the pedals a bit more firmly.

I then watched the news until 5:45, when Willy  arrived to work on the Apilla and I drove to the Friends Meeting House to meditate with Todd.

At 7:00 I returned home and found Willy and Suzette waiting to heat and eat dinner.  Suzette had filled four32 oz. containers with Posole for the Christmas party and the rest of the Posole was simmering on the stove.  I fetched the red chili from the garage and heated it and fetched the enchilada casserole from the fridge in the kitchen.  Suzette heated the enchiladas in the microwave and we fetched sour cream and served ourselves Posole and enchiladas doused with red chili sauce.



I split a beer with Suzette.

We then opened a box of cherry and liquor filled chocolates, Suzette poured some cognac and I made a cup of chai and we ate a couple of chocolate covered cherries each as we sipped tea and cognac.

We watched Rachel and then at 8:30 I went to bed to rest, blog, read.

Michael,Cohen’s attorney was sentenced to 36 months in jail for a variety of crimes, including lying to Congress about paying hush money to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougle.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment