Friday, December 28, 2018

December 27, 2018 Lunch – Van Cliburn Shrimp Mold on Pita chips Dinner – Cynthia’s Turkey Soup

December 27, 2018 Lunch – Van Cliburn Shrimp Mold on Pita chips Dinner – Cynthia’s Turkey Soup









Today was another recovery day. Here is a picture of me eating Cynthia’s Turkey Soup for dinner.

Suzette made me oatmeal for breakfast.  I have a new appreciation for oatmeal, especially the way Suzette makes it with cranraisins, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt.

Cynthia came by to visit at noon and as we sat and talked I ate the rest of the Van Cliburn Shrimp Mold Suzette had made for Christmas Eve with Pita chips.

After Cynthia left at 1:40 I bought 40 shares of Google and 50 shares of Nividia as the market surged from a 600 point lost to a 260 point gain and worked until Suzette arrived about 4:00.  Let’s hope the last two days are a sign of better days ahead.

Soon after that Cynthia delivered a container of turkey soup and a small bag of chocolate chip cookies.

At 5:00 Suzette heated the turkey soup and we each ate bowls of it. It was phenomenal, a clear flavorful broth with chunks of zucchini, yellow squash, parsley, Yukon gold potatoes, tomato, turkey, celery, and perhaps some parsnips.  It was the cleanest soup I have ever tasted.  Cynthia is a terrific cook.  She had assessed my condition and made the cleanest soup possible. I loved it.

Then for dessert Suzette made us mugs of hot chocolate and we sipped hot Chocolate and nibbled a chocolate chip cookie for dessert while we spoke to Dee Simpson, my best friend, who lives in Austin, about a menu he is planning.

We went to bed at 8:30.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment