Wednesday, December 5, 2018

December 5, 2018 Lunch – Miso Chicken Noodle Soup Dinner – Hamburger Steak and Steamed Asparagus on puddle of Cream of Kabocha Squash Soup

December 5, 2018 Lunch – Miso Chicken Noodle Soup  Dinner – Hamburger Steak and Steamed Asparagus on puddle of Cream of  Kabocha Squash Soup

I started the day with 2 Slices of bagel smeared with cream cheese and garnished with slices of red onion and Gravad Lax plus a few capers.

After breakfast I watched the funeral for George Bush.

Luke came with the dog at noon and we took a walk.  I then prepared a pot of Miso Chicken Noodle Soup .  I added Knorr dehydrated chicken stock to 2/3 of a pot of water and added algaue seaweed, two sliced mushrooms, a sliced shallot, the PPI beef and vegetables from last night, wheat and rice noodles, chicken dumplings, 4 oz. of diced medium tofu, a heaping T. of red miso, Chinese Cooking Wine, sesame oil, minced parsley, some cilantro leaves, fish balls, and spinach leaves.  Luke liked the noodles and dumplings, but left most of the broth.  I ate two bowls of everything.

At 4:00 after Luke left, I went to the candy store and tried to turn on the heaters.

At 6:00 I went to meditate but we talked for the hour, instead

When I retuned home a bit after 7:00 Suzette greeted me with dinner.

She had made a cream of Kabocha squash by cooking pieces of squash in vegetable broth and seasoned with five spice powder and then puréed it in the Cuisinart.  She added a couple T.s of butter to enrich the soup.  The soup was so thick that she ladled a puddle of it into the bottom of a pasta bowl and it sat up like a thick sauce. She added six stalks of steamed asparagus and a sautéed hamburger steak and mushroom slices.

As walked she was opening a bottle of 2016 Laurent Dublanc Cotes du Rhone ($5.99 at Trader Joe’s).  I,liked the wine because it was very smooth and drinkable.

Here are pictures.



After dinner I ate a few slices of Brie, which is perfectly aged.

Then I had a slice of chocolate cake with a cup of chai.

I went to bed at 9:00.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment