Monday, April 30, 2018

April 30, 2018 Lunch – Padilla’s Dinner – PPI Chicken Mole and stewed Chayote

April 30, 2018 Lunch – Padilla’s  Dinner – PPI Chicken Mole and stewed Chayote

I ate a large bowl f tropical fruit salad with yogurt and granola for breakfast.  My very favorite biodynamic breakfast.  No milk, just fruit juice to moisten the granola.

Then I rode to Montano and then showered.

 Mike and I met a bit after noon at Padilla’s.  I ordered a Relleno plate with two chili Rellenos and double pinto beans for $8.75.  Mike ordered one chili Relleno and one meat filled enchilada a la carte for $8.20.

We both really liked our lunches.  The chili Relleno were much larger than the ones served at La Salita and I enjoyed the flour and egg batter Padilla’s used to coat the chilis.  For a moment I thought the same mix used for the sopapillas was used as the Relleno batter.




When we were brought a basket of four sopapillas, I was still not finished with my rellenos, so I asked for a box and enjoyed my two steaming hot sopapillas.  Padilla’s sopapillas have been rated the best in Albuquerque and I see no reason to contradict that assessment.  Padilla’s makes their own mix from a secret recipe.  Viola.

After lunch I went to the law library to do some research and then home.

I was tired and rested until 5:00 when I ate a snack of Jarlsberg cheese slices laid on rye crackers smeared with cod fish roe, a very Swedish snack.

Willy came by around 7:00 to do his laundry.  We watched the news, a bit of hockey, and some Antique Roadshow with me until almost 10:00.  Around 8:00 I heated the PPI Chicken Mole and stewed Chayote and tomatoes and put a couple of handfuls of spinach into the Chayote stew to add some green vegetable to the dish.  After dinner we drank a beer to help wash down the spicy mole.

It is hard to get excited to cook a big meal with Suzette out of town.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment